Retrieving copywriting and other info from frozen store

d4tur4
Visitor
1 0 2

I have a store that I had to close down a while back due to covid. I need to retrieve all the copywriting (privacy policy, item descriptions, shipping policy etc) as I have no backup of the text. I have no intention of starting the store back up or using the same store again but need the copywriting for a new project/startup.

Just wondering if there's any way to get this information back without paying the fees to start the store back up (keeping in mind that I'm never going to use it again if I do pay) Seems kind of absurd to hold my copyrighted information hostage even though it's definitely stored on a Shopify server somewhere.

Replies 4 (4)

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1568

@d4tur4 

For that contact to the Shopify support team,
Might be they help you to get this back.

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
506 112 115

Hi @d4tur4 

You can try https://archive.org/web/

It takes snapshots of websites and you can check the history of the websites on this website.

I'm not sure if closed store can be found or not but in the last you can contact Shopify Support to deal with it.

We're here to simplify website creation for those looking to establish a strong online presence. Book a meeting slot if you want to discuss. It's FREE. BOOK NOW | Try Shopify for $1 for 3 Months: Shopify Trial | Shopify Web Store Developer |
LIKE or mark as ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

HI @d4tur4 

With this type of issue, the best bet is to get in touch with the Support team directly to ask for help.
You could refer to this link and select the contact method ( live chat or email)

If you find this answer is helpful, please mark it as a solution.
All the best.

banned

Iris
Shopify Staff
815 67 99

Hi @d4tur4 ,

I completely understand how important this is for you. When you close the store and there are no invoices pending, there shouldn’t be any problems retrieving your data.

Unfortunately, we cannot look into accounts specifics via the Community for privacy and security reasons.

I invite you to reach out to our Contact Us page. You should be able to access support options from this link directly. If not, I can guide you step by step:

1. Firstly, enter the topic you’d like to discuss with the Support Advisor.
    In your case, enter a keyword such as ‘account’. 
  2. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you should see the ‘Get Support’ button as shown below. 

01-42-90093-75971

I hope that helps!

Iris | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog