Sales Decreasing, Has this happened to anyone?

NinTP
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello everybody! 

I have had my shop for almost 2 years now and things began to pick up quickly. For the last couple of months I was making constant sales and reaching my monthly goal. I seemed to be growing everyday and I was feeling like I was really getting the hang of things! Now, all of a sudden starting in September my sales went out the window, Im talking around 95% decrease. I still get good traffic and have been on google console fixing some issues. The industry I am in is jewelry. I dont really want to post my website just yet. regardless i wanted to ask everyone...has this happened to anyone before? have sales stopped for a while on your site? is this nomal? its been around 2 weeks for me!

what are some things you did to fix this issue? how long does a dry spell in sales usually last?

Replies 5 (5)

demib
Shopify Partner
132 13 62

There can be many reasons for this, such as:

1. Decreased traffic (do you get the same number of monthly visitors?)
  2. A shift in traffic sources (do you still get the same kind of traffic from the same sources?)
  3. A decrease in the quality of traffic (do you rank for the same keywords as before?)
  4. Changes to you landing pages (product pages, collections, articles etc.) 
  5. Increase competition

Depending on what the problem(s) are you need to work on solutions for that. If you can tell me more I can better help 🙂

SEO Geek since 1996, consultant author and public speaker. Admin of the Shopify SEO Facebook Group

Was your question answered? Kindly mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
NinTP
Tourist
8 0 1

So believe it or not I barely use any marketing at all! I had hired someone to run some Facebook ads months and months ago, they didn't really do much...from there it's all been traffic from social media and word of mouth. I'm not too savvy on the whole ads, SEO, etc. I have crawled my website a few times and I did so recently when I saw the drastic decrease. I still get the same traffic from the same sources. Today I began adding alt text to my images and doing research on google ad words for keywords to use and keywords on Pinterest as well, I have a very large following on Pinterest 10k followers and 10 million monthly views. 

It's so strange I went from sales every day to now 3 sales this month from one day to the next, no changes on the website or anything. Wondering if it's just a dry period. regardless would it be possible to send you the website link privately? would love some feedback.

I spoke to a support agent, a couple actually, they let me know my website is accessible to my customers and running smoothly.

thank you so much for the reply

demib
Shopify Partner
132 13 62

You are welcome to message me your domain

SEO Geek since 1996, consultant author and public speaker. Admin of the Shopify SEO Facebook Group

Was your question answered? Kindly mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
NinTP
Tourist
8 0 1

thank you! I sent you a message!

NinTP
Tourist
8 0 1

hello, were you able to take a look at my site?