Same names appears many times in Abandoned Checkouts

Malaguena
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I see the same names many times on the Abandoned Checkouts page.

They puts products at different prices in the cart. They did these in very short times.

Could this be an attack?

Reply 1 (1)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hey @Malaguena!

Thanks so much for posting here and for sharing the screenshot. Happy to provide some guidance here.

From looking through your screenshot, this behavior is coming from bots. There is no cause for concern here, as bots are unable to complete checkouts. Bots can create multiple customer accounts and abandoned checkouts on your store, that being said we are unable to prevent them from doing so as we are unable to differentiate between a bot and a real life customer.

I have some suggestions below on how you can minimize bots on your storefront. Please enable spam protection by going to online store > preferences > spam protection:

• Customer account creation/login/password reset
  • Newsletter email address entry + blog comment entry
  • Captcha at checkout (Plus merchants only)

I would also suggest that you look into installing a bot protection app on your store. We have many apps that offer this function at this link here. One app I might recommend is Shop protector here, which comes with a 14-day free trial if you would like to try it out!

By the way, how are things on the rest of your website going? Just so you know, we are not only here to help with technical queries, but also to help you grow your business. If you need any marketing advice or how to get more traffic or sales to your store, just ask!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog