What to do if scammed by a Shopify partner?

HattieB
Visitor
1 0 1

A week or so ago I bought an item from a company calling themselves Noldone, apparently based in Birmingham (UK).  They came up first in my search results offering a very attractive price, free delivery and a tracking service.

Their website has since disappeared, they have my money and I do not have what I ordered.  All I can find out about them is that they are a Shopify partner.  They haven't answered my email about my order; I still have their original confirmation of order email but it doesn't give me any information about them (their contact/help email address is a google one).

I've reported the fraud to my bank but I have to wait 11 more days before they can take action.  Additionally, I emailed Shopify earlier this week with a complaint about the so called company Noldone, but I've heard nothing back from them. 

To say I'm furious is an understatement, but I also feel silly.  I should have known better.

Reply 1 (1)

Fellows69
9 0 0
@MyMerrill wrote

A week or so ago I bought an item from a company calling themselves Noldone, apparently based in Birmingham (UK).  They came up first in my search results offering a very attractive price, free delivery and a tracking service.

Their website has since disappeared, they have my money and I do not have what I ordered.  All I can find out about them is that they are a Shopify partner.  They haven't answered my email about my order; I still have their original confirmation of order email but it doesn't give me any information about them (their contact/help email address is a google one).

I've reported the fraud to my bank but I have to wait 11 more days before they can take action.  Additionally, I emailed Shopify earlier this week with a complaint about the so called company Noldone, but I've heard nothing back from them. 

To say I'm furious is an understatement, but I also feel silly.  I should have known better.

Thank you for sharing your experience, So people will get aware of this.