Why is my Shopify search bar not finding items correctly?

Lolita1
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello . I have noticed problems with searching in the search bar. Sometimes it doesn't find the item when i type a word. Who can tell what is the reason? Thanks 

Replies 4 (4)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi there, @Lolita1!

Thanks for reaching out to the Shopify Community today regarding your search bar question! The Community is a great place to come if you’re looking for any sort of assistance with your Shopify Store or anything else Shopify related.

Interesting situation here with your search bar. I have a couple questions for you so we can gather some context around what may be going on: 

• Are the search issues you’re having with the search bar on your website, or the search bar in your admin? 
  • Do you have any specific examples of words that you’re searching for that should be working but don’t seem to be? 
  • Are you searching for words that are related to your products? More specifically, are you searching words related to your product titles or maybe the tags you have added to your products?
  • Can you provide us with a link to your store so we can test this functionality ourselves?

I’ll keep my eyes out for your reply to these questions so we can determine what may be going on. 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lolita1
Visitor
3 0 0

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Problems arise when searching for a product

Here is our site https://forzaaa.com/

This is inconvenient for the client. Previously, when a client entered the word in the search bar, the site offered him the entire collection
of products related to its search. That is, the client could easily find what he needed. At the moment the site does not display
all products by keywords, the client needs to manually search for the product on the site

Thanks again

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi again, @Lolita1

Thanks for your reply! 

I went ahead and did a test of the search function on your store’s homepage using the word ‘Audi’ and generated the results here shown in this screenshot.

12-34-79724-46217

From my search for the word ‘Audi’, I have several products appearing as well as collections with the word ‘Audi’ in the title, and pages that also have the word ‘Audi’ in the title. I then have something I can click at the bottom of the shown results that will show me everything that has the word ‘Audi’ involved.

I also tried with the specific name of one of the products that appeared ‘Exhaust Downpipe for Audi A3’, and this generated the same first result as my ‘Audi’ search. Are you saying that your customers are seeing something different when they try searching for items using your search function? Is the way that the search appears in my screenshot how you expect it to be working for your customers?

Please try a search on your end using the word ‘Audi’ and let me know if things appear differently for you. Provide me with a screenshot of what you see if they are different. If you have one, a specific example of a word that doesn’t seem to search properly would be appreciated so I can test that out as well.

What theme are you using in your store? This could be theme related so knowing the theme you’re currently using would be helpful information.

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PartnersWire
Shopify Partner
41 3 14

Hi @Lolita1 

Your store search box seemed working.. I did several testing and its functional.

I also suggest to check solutions that helps you with store management and eventually gain customer satisfaction and able to sell more.

Let me know if you need help. You may also check links below on our valuable apps that provide real-time solutions

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 11.40.35 AM.png