Selling my own store

Verham
1 0 0

I want to sell my own store and the potential customer asks me what information is stored on his account. he wants the store to start from scratch and does not want to store information about orders that have been registered in the past, billing data, etc. when a sale is made will this data be taken from scratch or will it still be stored?

Reply 1 (1)
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
930 146 194

Hi Verham, thanks for joining the community forums to get help with this!

Are you selling your store through the Shopify Exchange Marketplace? If not I definitely recommend considering doing so as there is information on file that you can't change directly without our account teams support. 

You can learn more about transferring store ownership and selling a business in our Help Center here: Selling a business on Exchange Marketplace · Shopify Help Center.

The order history and customer database will carry over in the exchange of the business. The new business owner has responsibility for past orders processed through the business and would be responsible for any order disputes, legal actions or chargebacks opened on past orders. 

Is there a specific reason the new potential owner doesn't want to take over this information?  

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog