Selling separate items together as one product?

Zanuso
Tourist
16 0 2

I am selling several lamps that can be paired with different coloured shades.

I would like to manage stock of the lamp base and lamp shades separately, but selling them simultaneously on the same page as a product.

Is there a way to do this?

Replies 7 (7)

Zanuso
Tourist
16 0 2

Update:

I am looking to sell the lamps as one single product and not displayed as a bundle in the page or in the cart.

In other words, when a customer selects the colour and makes a purchase, I want the system to deduct SKUs of both the lamp base and the lamp shade on my end, but for my customers they still only see their order as 1 product, in order to avoid confusion.

Is there anyway to set this up? Thanks a million!

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

You are basically setting up a virtual product which is a bundle of other SKUs. We developed our own app to allow you to achieve this.

The user checks out as per normal and purchased the bundled product. Our system then converts the order into the individual components so your inventory is kept up to date.

We also have the added benefit of being able to calculate the quantity available of the bundled product as it's calculated based on the availability of the component SKUs.

If you need a hand setting it up and testing please let me know.

Regards

Tom

dhendriksen
Excursionist
17 2 4

Hey @productsync , I'm looking to your solution to solve a challenge we have and I'm running in to a roadblock. Let's say that I want the bundle to be a t-shirt and a pair of pants. The t-shirt can be sizes XS - 3XL, and the pants are even numbered sizes between 24 and 42. I have varients for the sizes of the pants and shirts, but when I create a bundle it doesn't prompt the user to select their sizes. Do you have a way that I can have one sku, that is pants and a shirt, but when they add to the cart they have to select their shirt size and their pant size...then you convert the bundle to the correct variants?

Hopefully that makes sense.

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
892 23 171

Hi @Zanuso 

Either you can use an inventory app to link a virtual product to individual products, or you can use a bundle app to bind several products together. 

You can take a look at our article: What are the possible ways to sell products individually and in customized product packs?

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
Zanuso
Tourist
16 0 2

Thank you for your responses.

I have been trying out with several inventory bundle apps, but found that none of them calculate in real time as the customer adds item in their cart.

The deduction of stock is only made once the customer purchases the product, which in my case, as I often only stock 1 lamp base, can lead to overselling

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

Even for normal products inventory won't be reduced if an item is added to cart as the order has to be processed before stock is adjusted. I think what you need it quicker processing of the bundled item so stock is adjusted as close to when order is made as possible. For example we reduced our processing time to 5min.

Regards

Tom

Zanuso
Tourist
16 0 2

I have given up the idea of bundling the product as a single SKU. It seems impossible to have the cart calculate available bundles on its own.

I would like to be able to choose a product variant and have the bundle show up in the cart as separate components.