Solved

SEO on Google not showing the SEO that I have set up.

ARPRO
Explorer
58 2 8

Hello!

Today I opened my site to the public by removing the password.

I searched my site on Google to see if the SEO is how I set it up, but it is still showing the old SEO that was before. Will it eventually update or what do I need to do to update it.

It is showing like this now.

68d3d644c9ab1b4e1178cc534b651ee4.png

But I have it set up like this.

f9f36b71aa228dfb24f8a218f02b5466.png

Looking forward for the answer.

AR PRO Systems
Accepted Solutions (2)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1673 169 270

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @ARPRO!
Thanks for reaching out in our Community Forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

I understand that your Google listing is still showing your previous selection and hasn't been updated yet. The google search results may take some time to update as Google will periodically recrawl your website to update the content. You can also ask them to recrawl your website sooner if you would like. Keep in mind that search engines compare the title tag with your page content to determine whether the page title matches what the page is about.

As you know, search engine optimization (SEO) is a great way to increase organic traffic to your website is through the use of relevant keywords that your target customers will likely search for on Google. Check out this resource on how to increase SEO and learn more about how the process.

Since you mentioned that you have just launched, I suggest viewing The General Checklist as it’s great tool that will ensure that you have your Shopify store all set up.  You can go through the check list and be confident that you have a finished product, that includes having your media, shipping and check out all in working order.

Let me know how that goes!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

claricelin
Shopify Partner
146 18 30

Hi @ARPRO ,

Have you set up your Google Search Console account? It's a Google tool that lets you "communicate" with Google what your website is about and how your store pages are connected to one another.

If you have any new pages, you can also use the tool to "inform" Google and the new page will be placed into a queue for indexing into Google's repository.

If you need help to set up Search Console, I have a video that will be helpful.

Best of luck,

Clarice

I help store owners to double their traffic and sales by getting on Google and YouTube page one. Check out my YouTube channel for more tips and tactics to drive traffic and sales ➤ https://youtube.com/claricelin

Download my Shopify Marketing Guide to learn both FREE & PAID ways to drive visitors to your store that convert into paying customers. ➤https://claricelin.com/shopify-marketing-guide/

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1673 169 270

Hi, @ARPRO!
Thanks for reaching out in our Community Forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

I understand that your Google listing is still showing your previous selection and hasn't been updated yet. The google search results may take some time to update as Google will periodically recrawl your website to update the content. You can also ask them to recrawl your website sooner if you would like. Keep in mind that search engines compare the title tag with your page content to determine whether the page title matches what the page is about.

As you know, search engine optimization (SEO) is a great way to increase organic traffic to your website is through the use of relevant keywords that your target customers will likely search for on Google. Check out this resource on how to increase SEO and learn more about how the process.

Since you mentioned that you have just launched, I suggest viewing The General Checklist as it’s great tool that will ensure that you have your Shopify store all set up.  You can go through the check list and be confident that you have a finished product, that includes having your media, shipping and check out all in working order.

Let me know how that goes!

DCFUGE
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello! I saw your answer and thought you might be able to help me. Our site has been live with Shopify for four years. A couple of months ago I started the process of improving the wording under the Search Engine Listing section of each of our Collections. Despite is being a few months ago now, and asking Google to recrawl the website many times, the words I entered under Search Engine Listing are still not showing. Why is this? Is it not possible to change these once they are established? 

Mac
Shopify Staff
1673 169 270

Hi @DCFUGE.

Thanks for your question.

Great job on focusing on SEO. Google periodically checks websites to update search results, but the timing can vary. Changes made to your Shopify collection descriptions may take time to show up in search results, even after requesting Google to recheck your site multiple times. While you can modify the wording in Shopify, it might take a while for Google to display these changes due to its indexing process. Feel free to view the accepted solution for more details on how to communicate with Google. 

claricelin
Shopify Partner
146 18 30

Hi @ARPRO ,

Have you set up your Google Search Console account? It's a Google tool that lets you "communicate" with Google what your website is about and how your store pages are connected to one another.

If you have any new pages, you can also use the tool to "inform" Google and the new page will be placed into a queue for indexing into Google's repository.

If you need help to set up Search Console, I have a video that will be helpful.

Best of luck,

Clarice

I help store owners to double their traffic and sales by getting on Google and YouTube page one. Check out my YouTube channel for more tips and tactics to drive traffic and sales ➤ https://youtube.com/claricelin

Download my Shopify Marketing Guide to learn both FREE & PAID ways to drive visitors to your store that convert into paying customers. ➤https://claricelin.com/shopify-marketing-guide/