SEO Title and Desc for Automated Pages

SEO Title and Desc for Automated Pages

rm014
Shopify Partner
34 0 3

Hi, is there a way to manually add or adjust the SEO title and SEO Meta Description on /products and /collections pages? These pages are auto-created by Shopify so the title and desc are auto-populated as well. 

Replies 6 (6)

SagarikaDas
Shopify Partner
246 24 94

Hello @rm014 

It is very easy to add SEO title and SEO Meta Description on /products and /collections pages.
Please follow the steps below:

1. Go to the product/collection page.
  2. Scroll down to the "Search engine listing" section.
  3. Click on edit. You can find the SEO page title and meta description below.
  4. Add or change the existing values.
  5. Save the changes!

SagarikaDas_0-1680519658087.png

SagarikaDas_1-1680519782968.png

Cheers!!

► If the answer solve your issue please ✔ Accept it and hit like

► Need help with theme customization, speed optimization, fixing bugs?

► Let's connect: Mail me Or Skype me: live:.cid.2667d78144ce77ad
rm014
Shopify Partner
34 0 3

Hi @SagarikaDas @flareAI, thanks for that, and sorry you misunderstood the question above. The steps provided are for those we manually built the product and collection pages but what i actually need is how can i change the title and meta desc if the pages were automatically created by Shopify so the title and description were auto-populated as well (hence the link provided above is just "www.store.com/products" and "www.store.com/collections") and there are no native function in Shopify to do this yet so probably thinking we can do this through adding a short code on collection and products theme files but not sure how to do this. 

philgirard
Shopify Partner
20 3 3

Hi Rm014, as SagarikaDas pointed out, usually you can update SEO title and SEO Meta Description from the product/collection pages. 

Not sure I understand what you mean by pages "automatically created by Shopify". Wouldn't those be editable manually after being automatically created?

If you're looking for a solution that can go around some of Shopify limitations, our Shopify App that might work for your use case.

Seopro is designed to perform bulk updates of SEO Titles & Meta Descriptions across your Shopify Products/Collections. As a bonus, Seopro also identifies and resolves SEO issues to enhance the search ranking of your pages. Hopefully, Seopro can work for your use case and I am happy to help if you have any question with the app.

Phil

Seopro Developer

Phil Girard - Livestream Labs

Shopify App Developer

See our all apps here: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/invoicify
rmck
Visitor
1 0 0

@rm014 did you have any success working around this? I was very surprised to not be able to see a way to optimise the /products page in my Shopify store. It's such an important page!

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 540

Hello @rm014,

Good day! Gina from flareAI app helping Shopify merchants get $6Million+ in sales from Google Search, on autopilot.

Here are the steps to manually add or adjust the SEO title and meta description for your products and collections pages in Shopify.

1. Log in to your Shopify admin panel and go to the Products or Collections page, depending on which one you want to edit.
2. Click on the product or collection that you want to edit.
3. Scroll down to the Search engine listing preview section and click on the Edit website SEO link.
4. In the Title and Description fields, enter the SEO title and meta description that you want to use for the page. Make sure to keep them concise and relevant to the content of the page.
5. Once you have entered the SEO title and meta description, click Save.
6. Repeat these steps for each product or collection that you want to edit.

By default, Shopify generates the SEO title and meta description based on the product or collection name and description, but you can override these values with your own custom ones as described above. This can help improve the visibility and ranking of your pages in search engine results, as well as make them more attractive and informative to potential customers.

Gina

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing

Jolly_Web
Visitor
1 0 0

It's comical how over their heads these first replies are. What I'm gathering is that you're looking at how to edit the page title and metadescripition of the all products and all collections pages automatically created my shopify. I'm unaware of a way to get there like you would with specific products/collections. So I believe it would have to be directly in the theme code. In the <head> of the page you're looking for depending on your theme you can add a page title:

<title>Page title</title>

or meta description:

<meta name="description" content="This is an example of a
meta description. This will often show up in search results.">

Just make sure they're in the <head> tags of the page you're looking for. And if anyone knows a native way, please let me know!