Can I change the sender email address on Shopify?

PlayHardStore
12 0 0

Hi there,

I am having trouble figuring out exactly how to have a different sender email address that customers will see e.g. (info@......com). Do I need to have a third party provider?? I have tried changing the sender address on shopify but then I stop receiving any of the forms. I've looked and many instructions online bur I just can't figure it out. Could someone please let me know the steps I need to take in order to have a different email address appear for customers when we email them.

Cheers

Replies 3 (3)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @PlayHardStore.

Thanks for these details. I’m here to help. 

I understand that you want to change your sender email address for your store. Is that right?

If so, you’re definitely on the right track. You will need a third-party email host to provide you with an email address that can send and receive emails. Shopify isn’t able to provide this for you but you can use your favourite email hosting service. Once you have your email address set-up, you can replace the sender email address on your store.

The sender email is your customer-facing email address. This is the email address that is displayed in the From field when your customers receive automatic notification emails, order confirmation emails, and any marketing emails sent from Shopify. Some domains might require additional authentication, otherwise your sender email address might appear with via shopifyemail.com, or as store@shopifyemail.com.

If your sender email address is DMARC protected, then your email address might appear in inboxes as store@shopifyemail.com or store@shopify.com. Replies from your customers will be forwarded to your chosen sender email address.

Here are the steps from our help doc to change your sender email address: 

From your Shopify admin, go to Settings.

Click General.

In the Store details section, change your email address under Sender email.

Click Save.

You can view all of this information in our help doc: Setting up your email.

Is this what you were looking to accomplish?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

duplicates https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussions/contact-us-page/m-p/1329298#M260431 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for pointing this out, @PaulNewton and I appreciate you helping out @PlayHardStore in the thread that you've mentioned! 

I just wanted to add that if you're looking for help with a particular topic, please avoid creating multiple threads for your topic. If you aren't receiving a reply to your thread or an answer that is helpful, feel free to respond back to the original thread with more information and details about your situation (this will help the community understand what you're experiencing and perform troubleshooting steps) or ask the community in the thread if anyone can help. We don't guarantee that every post will be answered, so we recommend doing your own research while you wait for a response or before you post a topic so that you can find a solution or workaround for your topic. 

Here's a great thread that @PaulNewton mentioned in the duplicate topic, to help us help you with your questions moving forward that can help with getting solutions tailored to your questions. 

Cheers,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.