Set cost of product not available if you have variants

Solved

Set cost of product not available if you have variants

Heatland
Excursionist
19 0 7

I can't seem to find where I can change the cost of the product whenever a product already has variants added.

Accepted Solution (1)
Iris
Shopify Staff
824 67 104

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Heatland ,

Sorry for the confusion, and thank you for clarifying. I see what you mean now.

If you click the Edit button next to the variant on the product page, it will allow you to edit the pricing option for each variant individually, including the cost per item. Once you edit the pricing, save changes before moving on to the next one. You can go through each variant from that page by clicking through the variants list on the left-hand side list.

I have included screenshots below so it’s easier for you to locate them. 

10-04-82376-31792

10-04-37679-49377

Please let me know if this is what you refer to and if you can see the same within your account.

Iris | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Iris
Shopify Staff
824 67 104

Hi @Heatland ,

Thanks for reaching out!

When a product has multiple variants, then you should be able to adjust the price for each variant individually. This is because some stores may have products that are, for example, bigger or smaller in size, which will vary in price too. 

If you open your product in the admin and scroll down to the Variants section, you should be able to see and edit the Price field as shown below. Can you confirm if you have this option? 

03-22-79991-91890

How is everything else with your business? Are you just getting started? If so, you can find the following steps further to grow your business in the Shopify Learn video courses! This free resource allows you to learn anything from marketing to store design. I highly recommend taking advantage of this as you'll find many tips and strategies from experts in different fields.

As always, should any questions arise, be sure to reach out to us!

Heatland
Excursionist
19 0 7

@Iris This is not what i'm looking for. What you're showing is the price of the item, not the cost of product (my purchasing price). This is important for me to to be able to set if I want to get an inventory value.

There's three different values in pricing. Price, Compare at Price and Cost per item. The field for Cost per item does not exist if you have variants on a product. Please let me know how to fix this or if this indeed is a bug.

6e5f5a8e0523468eca826a37f7e722bd.png

Iris
Shopify Staff
824 67 104

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Heatland ,

Sorry for the confusion, and thank you for clarifying. I see what you mean now.

If you click the Edit button next to the variant on the product page, it will allow you to edit the pricing option for each variant individually, including the cost per item. Once you edit the pricing, save changes before moving on to the next one. You can go through each variant from that page by clicking through the variants list on the left-hand side list.

I have included screenshots below so it’s easier for you to locate them. 

10-04-82376-31792

10-04-37679-49377

Please let me know if this is what you refer to and if you can see the same within your account.

MELODY63
Visitor
1 0 0

I use to have a place to put the cost of each variant but it has disappeared.  How can I get it back?  I still have it on my single listings but all the listings with variants no longer have it?

abdulbasit786
Visitor
1 0 0

Looks it was in Old UI
in latest UI there is no Edit button in front variant

Now there is button of bulk edit and actions
but there is no option to add/edit cost price

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 11.54.19 PM.png