Setting up shop but shipping is free

Solved
Spiranthes
2 0 0

I just started the shop and I'm clicking around trying everything, but I cannot get the site to give a shipping price.

Tried going into settings > shipping and delivery

and tweaked with the shipping rates for the General shipping profile.

I set it based on price, making 5 different rates based on different prices. Made sure they had a nice overlap (so rate one should be in effect from 0 to 3$, rate two from 3.01 to 10$). Did so for both Domestic and rest of the world.

If I then go to my store and throw some items into my cart and head to checkout, the shipping is not added. How can

0 Likes
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
159 23 21

Hi there @Spiranthes! Thanks so much for reaching out here. 

When you attempted your checkout and got the error - was the total price and location both something supported by your shipping profile?Usually when we see this error it is because the shipping profile has not been set up correctly. When you go to settings > shipping from your admin, and you view your current shipping profiles, can you clarify for me that all products have been assigned to a shipping profile that covers the correct locations you need?  Could you share a screenshot with me of this profile and it's current settings please? 

Are you using an app that affects shipping, such a dropshipping app for example? Looking forward to your reply - Ivy 

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Spiranthes
2 0 0

I have two zones in my shipping profile: Domestic and the rest of the world. So it should be covered by that.

It does say I have an online store, but I assume that is the right one to sell merchandise under.

0 Likes
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
159 23 21

This is an accepted solution.

It sounds like we'll need to login to your store to have a good look at what ids going on with these shipping settings.  

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our support portal here, and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes