FROM CACHE - en_header

Shipping - Default Package Size

Solved
eharrington5
1 0 0

I'm trying to determine shipping package sizes. Let's say I have a medium box size and large box size. I can only find a that one package size can be used a checkout using the option "This package is used to calculate shipping rates at checkout." My concern is that some larger items will require a larger box, is it not possible to set this up? I've added these larger items to a Custom Shipping Rate but do not see how to tie that to the checkout box size?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1681 204 374

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @eharrington5 

You are correct! The default package size in Shopify is going to be used in all calculated shipping rates at checkout for your customers. In the case you have a variety of packaging sizing, I recommend using a third-party app to accomplish this. An app called Boxify will allow you to show rates that match how an order is actually shipped, whatever is in the cart, whatever the size of the box or boxes required. They also offer a 15-day free trial to see if it's a good fit for our store!

I hope that helps. With that said, are you planning on setting up flat shipping costs or calculated shipping costs?

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1681 204 374

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @eharrington5 

You are correct! The default package size in Shopify is going to be used in all calculated shipping rates at checkout for your customers. In the case you have a variety of packaging sizing, I recommend using a third-party app to accomplish this. An app called Boxify will allow you to show rates that match how an order is actually shipped, whatever is in the cart, whatever the size of the box or boxes required. They also offer a 15-day free trial to see if it's a good fit for our store!

I hope that helps. With that said, are you planning on setting up flat shipping costs or calculated shipping costs?

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog