Why does Shopify display a shipping error for more than 16 items?

Gill
7 0 0

Hi,

My customer received this message "The item you added doesn’t ship to your location. Remove it to check out, or contact the store." when she wants to check-out from my web store cart. I'm trying to look through solutions in shopify community but did a trial and error, it didn't solve my issue.

The error occurred when my customer trying to add quantity of more than 16 products in the cart. When we tried it at less than quantity less than 16, the error doesn't occur. 

My website is www.gillmask.com. Can I know how can I resolve this issue? Thanks!

Replies 6 (6)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hey, @Gill!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

I would need to see how your shipping settings are set up in your store at the moment to understand why that error message was appearing for your customer. Have you got weight based shipping set up? If so, then the 16 products were more than likely over the weight that you have specified in your settings and increasing them will help the rates show in the checkout. Or perhaps if they were price based then you didn't have a price based weight set up for 16 products? 

Can you send me a screenshot of your shipping settings for the product and location and I will take a closer look for you? In the meantime here is our guide to setting up shipping settings from our help centre. 

Speak soon! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

Gill
7 0 0

Hi,

I have a multi-location shipping rates in my shopify store. I've screenshot the below for your reference. Thanks.

Gill_0-1599740236561.png

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Thank you for getting back to me, @Gill.

I see the weight-based shipping setting there. What weight do you have on the product? Can you send me a screenshot of it, please? It is more than like to do with that, as 16 of them would increase the weight and possibly put it over 10kg/15kg?

Gill
7 0 0

Hi Lulu,

Each item I have is 30g, don't think 16 items would exceed the weight. Can I know do you want a screen shot of the product weight or the weight from shipping?

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @Gill.

Sorry for the delay. I would like to see the product weight, please. Have you tried adding a higher shipping weight than 15KG and tried that? 

missbliss_uk
Tourist
5 0 1

hi.  how did you fix this.  i have the same issue and have spent weeks on trying to fix it