Solved

Can Shopify display different shipping costs for multiple product orders?

SeanAwethentic
Tourist
15 0 3

Hi,

Is there any way to show shipping cost changes when the customer orders two products? I try to put conditions based on price but then at the checkout it says: This order can’t be shipped to the address you entered. Review your address to ensure that all fields have been entered correctly and try again.

Please help me.

Accepted Solution (1)

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @SeanAwethentic 

Great to hear you got this resolved by contacting support! For extra context, and in case anyone else encounters this also - the error you are seeing is most likely due to your shipping settings not including applicable rates for the shipping address you are trying to checkout with. I would suggest checking over your shipping settings, and making sure you have a shipping zone that includes where you ship to, and shipping rates (with price conditions if necessary) that include the various order conditions you want to include shipping for. We have some great documentation available for Setting up and Managing Your Shipping and Delivery that you can use as a guide if you need some more information.

As an example, if you wanted to have a tiered shipping rate available to Ireland for orders of all prices, you would first create a shipping zone that includes Ireland and then create various shipping rates to reflect your costs as the order value gets more expensive. Notice that the tiered system here includes all prices, so that customers won't encounter that error in checkout that you mentioned:

26-07-15085-98527

You also asked if there is a way to show shipping cost changes when a customer orders 2 products. Generally they would only see the shipping costs when they reach the checkout, as they would have to enter their address first. They will see the available shipping options there, based on the shipping rates & conditions you have set up for their location. There wouldn't be a default way to show shipping cost changes if the customer orders more than one product without them going to the checkout, however there's a few options you could consider here:

• Use an app such as Estimated Shipping Cost to allow customers to estimate the cost of shipping before they reach the checkout. It looks like you can place a widget in several places such as the product page, and will allow customers to see an estimated cost of shipping.
  • Create a Shipping FAQ page that explains your shipping costs, and can let customers know that multiple products in an order will incur more charges. You could include a basic breakdown of your cost tier depending on order price for each region you ship to if you wish. This page could be linked on the product pages, or placed in your main navigation somewhere. 

Have you considered Carrier Calculated Shipping for your shipping rates? It's a feature you can use to provide customers with dynamic shipping rates, based on their location and the weight of the order. Based on the plan you are signed up to, there may be an extra monthly charge for using this but we have some information here on our help doc about Third-party carrier-calculated shipping rates. Hope that helps!

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
191 13 33

Hi @SeanAwethentic,

Can you please provide a bit more detail about the outcome you're looking for? Are you trying to blend rates for 2 different products together, or are you looking to have one product shipping rate be a dominant rate when another product is added to the cart?

The checkout message you're seeing is Shopify's default error message whenever there is no shipping method found.

Best regards,

Ron

Customer Experience Manager @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
SeanAwethentic
Tourist
15 0 3

Hi Ron,

The issue is solved as I spoke to the customer care executive of Shopify and she helped me.

leo39
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello 

California customer bought the product from our shop, its show 

"This order can’t be shipped to the address you entered. Review your address to ensure that all fields have been entered correctly and try again." 

had checked all points you had listed, but, still cannot resolve. pls help. thank you. 

111.jpg

SeanAwethentic
Tourist
15 0 3

@leo39 

Talk to Shopify customer care, they are very helpful. They will check your store and tell you where the problem is.

They resolved my shipping issue.

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @SeanAwethentic 

Great to hear you got this resolved by contacting support! For extra context, and in case anyone else encounters this also - the error you are seeing is most likely due to your shipping settings not including applicable rates for the shipping address you are trying to checkout with. I would suggest checking over your shipping settings, and making sure you have a shipping zone that includes where you ship to, and shipping rates (with price conditions if necessary) that include the various order conditions you want to include shipping for. We have some great documentation available for Setting up and Managing Your Shipping and Delivery that you can use as a guide if you need some more information.

As an example, if you wanted to have a tiered shipping rate available to Ireland for orders of all prices, you would first create a shipping zone that includes Ireland and then create various shipping rates to reflect your costs as the order value gets more expensive. Notice that the tiered system here includes all prices, so that customers won't encounter that error in checkout that you mentioned:

26-07-15085-98527

You also asked if there is a way to show shipping cost changes when a customer orders 2 products. Generally they would only see the shipping costs when they reach the checkout, as they would have to enter their address first. They will see the available shipping options there, based on the shipping rates & conditions you have set up for their location. There wouldn't be a default way to show shipping cost changes if the customer orders more than one product without them going to the checkout, however there's a few options you could consider here:

• Use an app such as Estimated Shipping Cost to allow customers to estimate the cost of shipping before they reach the checkout. It looks like you can place a widget in several places such as the product page, and will allow customers to see an estimated cost of shipping.
  • Create a Shipping FAQ page that explains your shipping costs, and can let customers know that multiple products in an order will incur more charges. You could include a basic breakdown of your cost tier depending on order price for each region you ship to if you wish. This page could be linked on the product pages, or placed in your main navigation somewhere. 

Have you considered Carrier Calculated Shipping for your shipping rates? It's a feature you can use to provide customers with dynamic shipping rates, based on their location and the weight of the order. Based on the plan you are signed up to, there may be an extra monthly charge for using this but we have some information here on our help doc about Third-party carrier-calculated shipping rates. Hope that helps!

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog