Shipping / Product Dimensions Solutions?

reneewood
Excursionist
22 0 5

We are looking for a solution that would allow us to add outer box dimensions to each product so that when we create a shipping label, the box size is automatically added for shipping calculations.  Right now it's just weight and we've got to input our outer box dimensions because there's just one default box option.  This seems really basic.  

Also, what apps are people using for real time shipping rates?  Any suggestions for shipping options that let a customer know when they are choosing shipping what day they can expect their order so they can choose shipping appropriately? 

Trying to beef up the quality of the customer experience when selecting their shipping option.

Reply 1 (1)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
530 81 112

Hi, @reneewood.

At this stage, there isn't a way for the Shopify admin to natively assign different package dimensions for each product, although installing a third-party shipping app from our app store would help with this issue. There's a few shipping apps that you can take a look at here, but I'll list some of the most commonly used ones below:

Just a note however that these apps are made by third-party developers outside of Shopify. So if you have any questions about them, you can get in contact with the app developers directly, as they are best equipped to answer app-specific queries.

I definitely see how being able to assign package dimensions to each product is a useful option to have within the Shopify admin. I appreciate you raising this matter with us, and I've since submitted this feedback along to our developers. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our platform, which is made possible when merchants and users like yourself share your experience of the platform with us. Although we can't guarantee when and if changes will be made, any updates will be listed in our public-facing changelog here.

How do you currently have your shipping rates set up? Is it using Shopify Shipping?

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog