Shipping rate does not work properly

pfn1993
Tourist
32 0 2

Hello,

Im having a problem with my shipping rate.

Im using apps to help me with my local delivery and it works wonder.

But I have a problem with customize rate, which is for my international shipping.

I make my own rates and manage rates for several countries, but i just found out that the rates are a in flat rate mode,

no matter how many kgs in total of someone's order, the rate remains the same.

Can someone help me to do the setting for my rate, so it can double up for each kg?

thank you

Replies 4 (4)
Lakshmishri
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Hi, May i know the app which you are using for the domestic shipping and the set up you have made for the international shipping, So that we can give you the suitable suggestions.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
Lana
Shopify Staff
310 37 40

Hello @pfn1993!

As already requested by a partner in this thread, would you be able to please share what your current shipping set up looks like? If possible, a screenshot would be most helpful, that way I can try and recreate the rates on my end and see what could the issue be. 

You also mentioned the use of apps - I understand you use those for your local rates, however when an app is related to shipping in any way, it can often times cause issues or collide with existing shipping settings that you set up. What are the names of the apps that you use, and have you already checked this issue with their support?

Let me know, and also feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

pfn1993
Tourist
32 0 2

hello,

thank you for the kind reply.

i am using Indonesian Shipping by Ongkiro apps for my local shipping rate.

and here is atached below for the current international shipping setting

pfn1993_0-1634809220596.png

is there any mistake that I did?

thank you! your help will be much appreciated

Lana
Shopify Staff
310 37 40

Thank you for that screenshot! If you are looking to charge based on weight, i.e. if you order more weight you pay more, you will need to set that as condition when creating a shipping rate. 

At the moment, it looks like you have set no conditions for the rates, so it shows a line there under Condition.

To set those conditions, you will need to create a separate rate for all of the different weights. For example, you could start by creating a rate for orders that weigh 0-2kg:

• Click Add Shipping rate at the bottom.
  • Click to Add Conditions on the rate creation window, make sure to select Based on item weight.
  • Set the min and max weights, give the name a rate and a price:

21-24-52689-60780

• Repeat this for as many weight categories as you need to, for both of your Shipping zones.

Try to create your rates following my steps and test them out for yourself, you should see that all weights now will have different rates. 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog