Solved

Shipping to 2 Different Markets

AvidHealth
Excursionist
21 0 5

I'm trying to figure out how to create shipping costs for 2 different markets. I have a free shipping across all products shipped within the USA. I need to charge shipping on products being shipped to Canada. The "General Shipping Rates" works for the free on all products but when I created a new profile to set up Canadian shipping it pulled the product from the General Shipping Rates. It seems you can only have a product in one shipping profile even though I'm using 2 separate markets. How can can I set this up properly? Note I did try setting up new shipping profiles for both the USA and Canada but it still only allowed a product to show in one profile. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution (1)
Mirdas
Shopify Partner
357 37 61

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @AvidHealth ,

You need to change the approach.

Create shipping profiles based on product segregation and define rates for the USA and Canada under each shipping profile.

**Shipping Profile 1:**
- Shipping Zone USA: Free
- Shipping Zone Canada: Define the rates.

**Shipping Profile 2:**

**Shipping Profile 3:**

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

sniper2804
Shopify Partner
363 24 61

You don't need to create multiple shipping profiles. You need to create multiple shipping zones within the general shipping profile.

Automate & bulk assign products to shipping profile: Auto Shipping Profiles: Shipr
Calculate accurate shipping rates: Shipping Calculator: ShipMagic
Hide, rename, reorder payment methods at checkout: Payment Customization: PayMix
AvidHealth
Excursionist
21 0 5

@sniper2804 I did have multiple shipping zones (USA/CAN) in the general shipping profile which works for free shipping in the USA. For Canada I need to create a few different shipping rates which applies to specific products. There will be 3 product price point categories which have different shipping rates. From what I see the general shipping profile works for all products. Underneath it reads "To charge different rates for only certain products, create a new profile in shipping settings". Hopefully I'm explaining it right. 

Mirdas
Shopify Partner
357 37 61

Greetings, @AvidHealth ,

It's not possible to set up identical products in various shipping profiles.

Therefore, the recommended approach is to create distinct shipping profiles for each product category. Within each profile, configure specific zones and set up the corresponding shipping rates accordingly. This means you may need to create US & Canada zones under each shipping profile.

Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
AvidHealth
Excursionist
21 0 5

@Mirdas So here is what I had set up that didn't work for me. Let me know what I'm missing. I need one USA profile (Free Shipping) and 3 Canada shipping rates.

Under Custom Shipping Rates I created The USA profile which reflects free shipping for all products. 

For Canada I have 3 profiles specific to products. My issue is that when I add a product to one of the Canada profiles it pulls it away from the USA profile. I need the USA and Canada profiles to be independent from each other.

Mirdas
Shopify Partner
357 37 61

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @AvidHealth ,

You need to change the approach.

Create shipping profiles based on product segregation and define rates for the USA and Canada under each shipping profile.

**Shipping Profile 1:**

**Shipping Profile 2:**

**Shipping Profile 3:**

AvidHealth
Excursionist
21 0 5

@Mirdas Thank you. That worked. To take this a step further. If a customer were to purchase a product from shipping profile one as well as a product from shipping profile 2 how can I make the second item no charge shipping? Essentially the profile 1 product is the main item with profile 2 product being an accessory add on. If purchased together the second is included with no shipping charge.

Mirdas
Shopify Partner
357 37 61
sniper2804
Shopify Partner
363 24 61

Hi @AvidHealth , that should be possible using our app ShipMagic as long as you are using flat rates. If you are using Carrier Rates, then it might still be possible but I would need to know what carriers ans services you are using.

Automate & bulk assign products to shipping profile: Auto Shipping Profiles: Shipr
Calculate accurate shipping rates: Shipping Calculator: ShipMagic
Hide, rename, reorder payment methods at checkout: Payment Customization: PayMix