Solved

Shipping to multiple addresses for holiday gift-giving

sandeeh
Visitor
2 0 0

We're trying to set up checkout so that a customer can send products to multiple addresses. We'd like for this to be an easier way for our customers to purchase gifts and have them shipped directly to recipients. Can anyone provide some guidance on the best way to set that up? Is a third-party app the best/only way to do this? If yes, any recommendations?

Accepted Solution (1)

Emily
Shopify Staff
1346 102 193

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @sandeeh.

Thank you for reaching out! 

Currently, there is not a way to ship one order to multiple addresses . Your customer would either need to ship the order to themselves and then ship it out on their own or do seperate orders for each gift. I did find a third-party app that could do this called Multiship, it has great reviews and would be a great option for you. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions! I would love to learn more about your business. What type of products do you sell? 

Talk soon, 

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Emily
Shopify Staff
1346 102 193

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @sandeeh.

Currently, there is not a way to ship one order to multiple addresses . Your customer would either need to ship the order to themselves and then ship it out on their own or do seperate orders for each gift. I did find a third-party app that could do this called Multiship, it has great reviews and would be a great option for you. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions! I would love to learn more about your business. What type of products do you sell? 

Talk soon, 

sandeeh
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi, Emily. Thanks so much for the tip. We'll check out the app.

We make and sell pet treats made of organic and fresh-food ingredients!
Emily
Shopify Staff
1346 102 193

Hi, @sandeeh.

Thank you for your reply! 

Wow! That's great. Could you share your URL? I would love to check out your site, and I would be happy to provie you with any feedback I may have. 

Talk soon,

SilveradoJewel
Tourist
4 0 2

Hey Emily. I am trying to do something similar, but only 1 address. Need to offer the option at checkout so customers can send the product as a gift to a different address. Sending the product as a gift. 

Ideally customer can click a box "Send as gift" and then input recipients details.

Any ideas or solutions to this?

Emily
Shopify Staff
1346 102 193

Hi, @SilveradoJewel.

If you just want to send the order to one address then you can enter in the gift receivers address as the shipping address and the buyers email so they don't receive the reciept. Is there more information you need from the buyer if they are buying a gift for someone? 

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Talk soon, 

SilveradoJewel
Tourist
4 0 2

Thanks for the quick response. So when a customer is checking out, they will intuitively know to put the gift receivers address in the shipping address and not their own address.

We were hoping for something more obvious for the customer. Screen shot below.

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 9.03.00 AM.png

If we use your suggested method... do we manually put in the gift receivers address on the back end for shipping labels?

Do you know of any apps that can do this?

Emily
Shopify Staff
1346 102 193

Hi, @SilveradoJewel.

Thank you for your reply! 

If you used my suggested method you wouldn't need to do anything manually on the back end because the buyer entered in the gift receivers address as the shipping address. I believe your customers should know intuitively to enter in the address they want to ship to and not their own but you could state that on a banner in your homepage or something like that! I haven't been able to find any apps that can alter the checkout like the image you sent above unfortunately. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions! 

Talk soon, 

Jdean011
Tourist
6 0 1

As a user of multiship, It's not ideal. It does solve the desire to ship to multiple addresses and include gift messages separately for each. HOWEVER, what happens is they cancel existing order and create new ones (each with seperate address). This is great except customers get notified of an order cancellation and you'll get an influx of support tickets with confused customers. Additionally, the shopify analytics will double dip. Meaning, it counts the sale of original order plus the new orders. So, if the multi-ship order was $200, the app will cancel it and create two new $100 orders. The sale is supposed to be $200 but analytics will count it as $400 giving you false data. So because of this and the influx of tickets and confused customers...makes me desire something better. Unfortunetly there is no other option that I know of besides using Shopify Plus where it's built in.