Why isn't my Shopify store appearing in search results?

kub
Pathfinder
118 2 43

Hi. I added shop to my sales channels and I have lots of products added.

So I am wondering how it should work to discover my shop!?!?

People have to search my shop name but it does not appear. (I added already some weeks ago)

I tried to search with product names, shop name but nothing.

In the config there is no possibility to configure search keys or categories where to appear.

I try to understand not only like merchant also like buyer how it should work or give any benefit. 

I think it would be great if it becomes a marketplace like Etsy, AliExpress, Amazon ecc... With millions on active merchants there is a high potential .

Somebody can give me a hint how to make my shop appear?

Thanks in advance

Replies 2 (2)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @kub 

That's a great question and I am so happy to hear that you are excited to use the Shop app as a way for your business to be discovered. There are a few things we want to ensure before you reach out to Shop app support directly about this.

You will want to make sure that your business is eligible for using the Shop app services, which you can confirm by reviewing the Shop Merchant Guidelines in the Help Center. Once you have confirmed that you are eligible for using the Shop app, you will want to make sure that Shopping is enabled and Discovery is checked as on within the settings for the app. 

13-49-19352-75224

If you are able to confirm that all those settings look correct but that your store is still not discoverable in the Shop app, you will want to contact Shop App Support, which can also be found in the merchant guidelines doc I shared above. 

I am going to mark this thread as solved but feel free to ask any additional questions you might have. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

kub
Pathfinder
118 2 43

Hi. Thanks for your quick reply @Shay 

Reading your reply i noticed that i didn't express myself well .

Yes all is as it should because your settings section is very intuitive.

Screenshot_20211114_010439.png

What i mean is that customers are searching brands and stores they know but i think more people search products or services and there is the problem.

When i search jewelry in the app store section then i find stores like

"Johns jewelry"

"Lauras Jewelry box"

"Sams Jewelry store"

But i DON'T find (these are only examples to explain what i mean)

"Tiffany"

"Pandora"

and so one.

No result of product/service category or keyword/tag.

IMHO for me that i am searching a silver ring with ruby your app is quite useless if i don't know who is selling it.

My  store appears if i search by name but not by product.

Maybe my expectation of the final use of the shop selling channel is wrong.

Best regards