What is the location of my Shop ID in Shopify?

AsterOaks
Visitor
1 0 0

I am filling out my sellers permit and come across a question that asks if my business will be accepting credit payments,

it also asks for 'Merchant Card Processor Name' and the 'Merchant Card Processor Account'. I read that the Processor Name is Shopify Payments and the Processor Account is my shop id, if so how do I find what and where my Shop ID is? Thank you.

Replies 3 (3)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @AsterOaks,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

Shopify does not assign a "Merchant ID" which is why this information can't be seen in the admin. That being said, our support can help provide this information if needed instead. I'll send you an email now to help authenticate the account so please reply back to my email when you have a moment. 

For anyone else who requires this info, please contact our support here for further assistance. 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

berrystein
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello! I am hoping to get access to my Merchant Card Processor Account and would love any help. I am having a very hard time contacting support as every time I click the 'Contact Support' button I get re-directed to the general support page. PLEASE HELP! Thank you! 

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

Hey, @berrystein!

Are you referring to the Continue button under Get Support on the support page in the Help Center?

alt

If so, clicking this button should bring you to the page with the options to contact our support team through live chat, email, or callback. If you're unable to see this page, there's a possibility you're encountering a local issue.

Local issues are triggered by something on your device or your surrounding circumstances and they can be fixed by local troubleshooting. To attempt to fix the error, let's perform some local troubleshooting steps. Please go through the steps below, then try to access the support page after each step to see if any of these resolve the problem.

• Clear the cookies and cache of your browser. After this, completely reboot the browser.
  • Try a different web browser, as well as an incognito window or private browsing window to rule out any browser issues. When using incognito, if you are still experiencing the error, confirm you have disabled browser extensions as these can change how the pages look.
  • Ensure the web browser is up to date on the latest version.
  • Try another device, such as another computer or mobile phone.
  • Try another internet connection (switching to a cellular network on a phone rather than wifi, for example).
  • Ensure you do not have any firewalls or pop-up blockers enabled on your device as these can interfere.

Let me know if you need further assistance then. Thanks!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog