Shopify Black Bar on Bottom of Page in Chrome

mybaitshop
Excursionist
19 0 14

Is anybody else seeing this?  I am logged into my admin page.  When I open another window or tab and go to my website I used to get the Shopify circle in the bottom left corner.  I could live with that.  A couple of days ago that has now changed to a big black bar along the bottom of each page to edit the page or collection etc.  I can close it out but it reappears on every single page.  I was hoping this was just a temporary bug and would go away.  It has not.  Is anybody else seeing this?  Is there a way to disable it?  It is annoying.  Only happens in Chrome.  I am using an updated version.  Have restarted, etc.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks.  Sample screenshot below.

mybaitshop_0-1597696945744.png

0 Likes
rferraro01
2 0 0

got the same issue starting today, please comment if you found a solution

0 Likes
mybaitshop
Excursionist
19 0 14

No I never found a solution.  It's still there and annoying in Chrome.

0 Likes
rferraro01
2 0 0
Thanks, I think it has something to do with making edits in CSS then going to preview mode. Then forever the bar comes up
0 Likes
EnquiringMind
Tourist
5 0 2

This is driving me crazy also.  Anyone find a solution?

0 Likes
Lenay
1 0 0

Same! Please keep us updated if there is a fix. 

0 Likes
Happy_Trailhead
6 0 0

I hate that thing, make it go away! Is it only on Chrome?

0 Likes
Happy_Trailhead
6 0 0

I think I've sorted this out. It appears to be because you are logged into the backend as an admin. Even if you log out though, apparently you are still recognized as admin probably due to information held in cashe and thus the black bar remains. The solid workaround is to open your store site in a 'New Incognito Window', (from the 'three verticle dots' menu far right of the menu bar in Chrome), then you are therefore not recognized as admin and the black bar disappears.

Bear in mind though, surfing your store in 'incognito mode' will cause all your activity to be recorded in analytics and skew your data with inauthentic data. I suspect that might be the purpose of the black bar recognition, perhaps your onsite activity in that mode is not recorded into site stats. I can't confirm any of this, just speculating. 

So if you just can't live with the black bar, open an incognito window and say goodbye black bar.

0 Likes
crazydog
3 0 0

I LOVE the black bar. It allows me to edit anything I want without having to switch to admin mode. There's a button right there to switch to edit mode whether or not I'm in a page, collection or product. It's such a time saver. My problem is my co-worker doesn't have it and wants it, and I don't know how to get it enabled for her. Mine showed up one day a couple years ago, and has been there all along. Hers was there, then recently disappeared and we're trying to find a way to get it back. We work in shopify all day long - it is the best thing ever for making our edits effortless.

0 Likes
Marc1967
Tourist
6 0 4

The bar at the bottom is annoying as hell! 

There are things in my footer that I want, and need, to see.

Surely, there must be a hack to get rid of it. 

I'm not great at .css, but, likely, the answer can be hacked in there,

Yes, if anyone gets the answer, please post back.

Thank you!