Shopify campaigns & new subscribers

HaleyM
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there! I had a question about Shopify's built-in campaign features. I wanted to pre-set up a lot of campaigns for the next few months for some upcoming holidays and sales. I currently have x number of subscribers. My question is, if I set up a campaign for two months from now, will it still only go to the current number of subscribers, or will it go out to any additional subscribers that sign up from now until then?

Replies 3 (3)

Relynjon
Shopify Partner
128 19 21

Hi @HaleyM,

If you schedule a campaign in Shopify for a future date, it will only be sent to the subscribers on your list at the time the campaign is scheduled to go out. If you sign up new subscribers after the campaign has been scheduled, they will not receive that campaign unless you manually add them to the campaign list or if you have set up an automated welcome series for new subscribers.

However, If you want to ensure that any new subscribers are included in future campaigns, you can create a segment in your Shopify audience that includes subscribers who signed up after a certain date. This way, any new subscribers will be included in future campaigns.

To create a segment in your Shopify audience, you can follow these steps:

1. From your Shopify admin, click "Customers" and then "Create a new saved search."
  2. In the "Filters" section, choose "Signup date" and set it to "is after" a certain date.
  3. Name your segment and save it.

Once you've created your segment, you can use it to ensure that any new subscribers are included in future campaigns.

Hope it helps you!

Thanks

HaleyM
Visitor
2 0 0

I posted this question while I waited for a reply to the chat that I started. The Shopify rep on the chat said that any new subscribers WOULD receive any pre-scheduled email campaigns. Can someone please clarify?

john4870
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi! As far as I know, if you pre-set a campaign in Shopify for a future date, it will only be sent to the current list of subscribers at the time of the campaign. Any new subscribers who sign up after you've scheduled the campaign will not receive it.

However, you can create a dynamic segment in your campaign that targets new subscribers who sign up after the campaign has been scheduled. To do this, you can create a segment that includes subscribers who have joined your list after a specific date or within a specific time frame.

Alternatively, you could also set up an automated welcome email series for new subscribers, which would ensure that they receive a sequence of welcome emails after signing up. This could include information about your upcoming sales and holidays, which could help to keep them engaged and informed about your business.

I hope this helps!

Regards
John
CEO

Vivo Mobiles BD