When will Shopify Capital offer me a second loan?

Shaner123
4 0 0

Shopify capital says since you payed back 66 percent  of the loan we are looking to give you more offers. I paid back 1100.00

The loan was 1600.00 can anyone tell me when Shopify capital will give me new offers on another loan how long it should take? Any information would be great. 

Thanks shaner123

Replies 12 (12)

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

Hi @Shaner123 

You won't really get any kind of straight answer on when a new offer might come through (if at all). The threshold that it gives is when they start reviewing you to see if they will make you a new offer, how much, and when. They might wait until you pay it completely off, they might offer it right away, and they might not offer it at all. Their criteria is not public information, so best to just keep your fingers crossed and keep meeting your deadlines if your hoping for a new offer.

TrashAddikt
Visitor
1 0 0

Going through the same thing. Did you get new funding yet? 

kellihg
6 0 0

I just paid my 3rd off with over $1200 left to pay on it hoping to get more for the holidays. The other 2 offers came in right away after the 1st and second were paid so I thought this would as well. It has been over a week and it just keeps saying we will let you know when an offer is available. If I had known it was not a "for sure" I never would have paid the over $1200 that was left on the 3rd one, I would have invested that in inventory or marketing. Now I feel like I am out that money as I keep reading offers are not a for sure thing. One would think after 3 loans (2 of which paid early) that it would be. 

Tessamessa
Visitor
2 0 0

Also waiting. I'm at 57% paid off. Def would be good to stay ahead this holiday season. 

jared_Lewis
Excursionist
20 1 4

I noticed several of you posted that you were waiting for additional offers from Shopify Capital.  Are any of you able to follow up with us as to if/when additional funding offers were offered to you?

kellihg
6 0 0
I received my offer about 10 days after the second one was paid off.
Smile26
Visitor
1 0 0

Did the new funding pop up on the morning of the 10th day? Any updates? I’m trying to see. I’m on day 6 (business day) with paying off my loan. Hoping for another but it says “You’re not eligible at the moment”. 

adotd93
Tourist
6 0 1

Did you receive another offer ?

Shelbyfreeman
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you end up receiving in day 10?

Tessamessa
Visitor
2 0 0
No. They said I didn't qualify. I thinks it's because I have another account that had a balance. I did however get a 5k loan with PayPal.

Nellby
Tourist
7 0 0

You can never know exactly when you will get an offer from them. If you need a loan urgently, you can apply to another loan company. Here is a site https://laina-finance.fi/ with reviews on different loan providers, you can check them, and choose the one that best meets your needs.

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

@Clarerisa 

Really...please explain more about how you "never got paid off in the end."

To anyone considering following the link in @Clarerisa message, I recommend severe caution. There are numerous scam 'loan' companies across the internet posting their phishing links in this manner. I am not directly accusing @Clarerisa of being guilty of this. But the manner in which they describe their 'experience' with obtaining a Shopify loan does not make any sense at all. @Shopify either provides you the opportunity to apply or not. If they do, you select a funding amount and payoff rate to apply for (at the click of a button, and acknowledgement of the funding agreement), and you get a yes or no answer. There is really not much of an 'experience', good or bad, to be had.