Shopify Checkout Extensions | Checkout Modification

Dawid_Dahl
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello, everyone!

I just watched this video and was super excited about the possibilities. I however learned that this extension that he is talking about (where one can append, replace or add) new elements to the checkout is not yet ready.

"11:09 Issa (Support Advisor): Thank you for waiting, I checked my resources here and it shows that this checkout extension is planning to launch an open developer preview later in the year."

What I would like to do for my client is to completely replace one part of the shipping ui (see image) with my own component. Does anyone here know if this is possible WITHOUT Shopify Plus?

Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 12.32.35.png

In fact, the only thing I want to do is to replace the "Truck Pickup (or whatever)" text with something that was selected prior to entering the cart. The selection we can store in local storage, on a remote backend, or include as a Cart Attribute or whatever. Does anyone know if it would be possible to get this information into the red-highlighted component?

I'd be so grateful for any help. Thank you so much

Replies 3 (3)

agustin-lavalla
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

Any update on this? I'm trying to implemente a checkout UI extension but it's not reflected on the checkout. Has anyone been able to implement the extensions?

dani_sanomads
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

dani_sanomads
Shopify Partner
6 0 0