Shopify CLI Warnings - MacOS Homebrew - "Warning: Add xxxx to your Gemfile or gemspec"

Ryan_Mc
Explorer
46 0 17

Anyone else getting these warnings?   I just did a fresh Shopify CLI install on my MacBook via Homebrew.   Not sure how to remedy but these appear every time I run: shopify theme dev. 

I've tried reinstalling CLI.

/opt/homebrew/Cellar/shopify-cli/3.53.0/libexec/lib/node_modules/@shopify/theme/node_modules/@shopify/cli-kit/assets/cli-ruby/bin/shopify:9: warning: observer was loaded from the standard library, but will no longer be part of the default gems since Ruby 3.4.0. Add observer to your Gemfile or gemspec.
/opt/homebrew/Cellar/shopify-cli/3.53.0/libexec/lib/node_modules/@shopify/theme/node_modules/@shopify/cli-kit/assets/cli-ruby/bin/shopify:9: warning: webrick was loaded from the standard library, but is not part of the default gems since Ruby 3.0.0. Add webrick to your Gemfile or gemspec.
/opt/homebrew/Cellar/shopify-cli/3.53.0/libexec/lib/node_modules/@shopify/theme/node_modules/@shopify/cli-kit/assets/cli-ruby/bin/shopify:9: warning: base64 was loaded from the standard library, but will no longer be part of the default gems since Ruby 3.4.0. Add base64 to your Gemfile or gemspec.
Replies 3 (3)

TMJ-ShopHelten
Shopify Partner
4 0 3

Just updated to the latest version - Got the exact same issue.

Miela
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

The same issue, any ideas?

Ihor-Sh
Shopify Partner
29 4 12

Looks like this is related to latest cli version. But it works well.
If you don't want to see warnings there, you can modify this file /opt/homebrew/Cellar/shopify-cli/3.54.0/libexec/lib/node_modules/@shopify/theme/node_modules/@shopify/cli-kit/assets/cli-ruby/Gemfile
and add this:

gem "observer"
gem "webrick"
gem "base64"
below line 7.
but better to wait for cli update.

Shopify troubleshootibility 😉