Why did I receive a Shopify code via text without making a purchase?

Sarlizchal65
Visitor
1 0 0

Why have i been sent a shopify code via text when I havent bought anything or requested one?

Replies 5 (5)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2041 223 326

Hey @Sarlizchal65,

Great question! It's a fairly common occurrence that someone accidentally enters in the wrong information when setting up Shop Pay. All it takes is hitting one number incorrectly to have the confirmation texts sent to the wrong number. It will be someone trying to utilize a quick, and efficient feature that allows them to check out on Shopify stores within seconds.

I'd welcome you to learn more about Shop Pay here as it does provide benefits to you as a consumer if you shop online! That said, as your number was entered in by accident by someone else, you can use our opt-out form here to remove your number from our system until you're ready to set it up in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

colleencamacho5
5 0 0

@Moira wrote:

Hey @Sarlizchal65,

Great question! It's a fairly common occurrence that someone accidentally enters in the wrong information when setting up Shop Pay. All it takes is hitting one number incorrectly to have the confirmation texts sent to the wrong number. It will be someone trying to utilize a quick, and efficient feature that allows them to check out on Shopify stores within seconds.

I'd welcome you to learn more about Shop Pay here as it does provide benefits to you as a consumer if you shop online! That said, as your number was entered in by accident by someone else, you can use our opt-out form here to remove your number from our system until you're ready to set it up in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Great question! It's a fairly common occurrence that someone accidentally enters in the wrong information when setting up Shop Pay. All it takes is hitting one number incorrectly to have the confirmation texts sent to the wrong number. I can assure you that it is not someone trying to process a fraudulent order, but rather someone trying to utilize a quick, and efficient feature that allows them to check out on Shopify stores within seconds.

banned
Moira
Shopify Staff
2041 223 326

Hey @colleencamacho5,

Are you experiencing this issue as well?

colleencamacho5
5 0 0

YES

banned
Moira
Shopify Staff
2041 223 326

@colleencamacho5,

You can use our opt-out form here to remove your number from our system. This will stop you from receiving unwanted Shop Pay code text messages.