Solved

Shopify Deleted My Store (and email) With No Warning and charged me $115.96 on PayPal

Priestly1011
Visitor
3 0 0

I was having a good night's sleep then wake up to see my entire store deleted and a charge of $115.96 on my bank account? I deleted/cancelled subscriptions for all my apps and put my store on "pause", so what's this about? Give me back my money, I can't even log back into the store and see what happened as you people DELETED it!!!! I'm a student, how am I actually meant to afford this nonsense?! This just isn't on...

Accepted Solution (1)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @Priestly1011!

This is Lana from Shopify. I am sorry to hear this, I can understand that it has been a frustrating experience. 

You mentioned that you put your store on a 'Paused' plan, do you remember when you did this? One thing we offer is the Full Pause Plan which lasts for 3 months - in that time you are not charged any subscription fees but you also cannot access your admin. Once the 3 months are over, your store automatically goes on the Pause and Build Plan which is priced at $9 per month. It is possible that you are seeing that charge now because the time has passed and your store moved to that other plan. I have more info on this for you in our help doc on Pausing or Closing your Store.

I do see you're also mentioning that your whole store was deleted, so I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit more about how you came to find this. What happens when you try to login, and did you receive any emails from us regarding your account? Please let me know and I will see what we can do to try and get to the bottom of this for you.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @Priestly1011!

This is Lana from Shopify. I am sorry to hear this, I can understand that it has been a frustrating experience. 

You mentioned that you put your store on a 'Paused' plan, do you remember when you did this? One thing we offer is the Full Pause Plan which lasts for 3 months - in that time you are not charged any subscription fees but you also cannot access your admin. Once the 3 months are over, your store automatically goes on the Pause and Build Plan which is priced at $9 per month. It is possible that you are seeing that charge now because the time has passed and your store moved to that other plan. I have more info on this for you in our help doc on Pausing or Closing your Store.

I do see you're also mentioning that your whole store was deleted, so I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit more about how you came to find this. What happens when you try to login, and did you receive any emails from us regarding your account? Please let me know and I will see what we can do to try and get to the bottom of this for you.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog