Shopify disables admin acess because of an AUP violation?

lordlauzi1
Tourist
25 0 2

Hi, Last week I was unable to access my admin panel because one of our products was suspected of violating the AUP. The email I received from Shopify was pretty generic. I replied and said that we fully accept the AUP and will not repost such content. However, we would like to understand the logical basis for Shopify restricting completely legal, unrestricted items, which seems arbitrary. Now I got a generic response again and I have access again, but it looks like I am wirting with a bot. Are these real people answering?

Reply 1 (1)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1550 187 276

Hi there, @lordlauzi1. Thanks for reaching out to the Shopify Community with your situation regarding our Acceptable Use Policy, and your store. My name is Imogen. It's good to meet you!

To set some expectations for you, we're unable to authenticate users here in the Shopify Community. This means that we can't discuss specific accounts, or any account specific details within the Community. If you have questions about this situation, it is absolutely best that you follow the directions outlined in the email you received, and reply to the email for more information if that option is available to you.

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog