Shopify Experts text me. Scam?

JCinteraction
Visitor
3 0 2

After I posted something in the Community, many (mostly Nigerian) „Shopify Experts“ texted me via WhatsApp and wanted to offer me store improvement. They all use a very similar writing style and like to use the word „kindly“.

However, they do seem to know what they are talking about (SEO, Klavyio…)

Has someone experience? Are those people trustworthy?

Replies 4 (4)

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3803 713 1114

Hi @JCinteraction,

Please do your due diligence. Shopify experts are third party provider. You can check more information here

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!

superamazing
Visitor
2 0 0

What I normally do is just block conversation.

Rabi3
Excursionist
25 0 3

I got contacted just yesterday by 3 Nigerian numbers via Whatsapp and they are asking me how it is going with my store and that they can provide help.. and when I ask them which store exactly because I have many stores (just lying to them), they get so lost they stop chatting with me hahaha definitely a scam

Yruop
Visitor
2 0 0

I worked with a few of them. Had terrible experiences. One in particular was rude and asked me for my social media login details so that he could "manage" it. He wanted to sell me an email list and some email templates to spam people. When I turned it down he got offended? Anyways I wont work with anyone who contacts me first saying " i found some issues with your store...etc". Id suggest you find and interrogate your own freelancers before working with anyone.