Solved

Shopify Export to CSV Issue, file is never sent?

Haegan
Visitor
1 0 1

We have 4.5k items currently listed inside the storefront and active. 

We go to products and choose Export from the top.  We then choose all products and export to CSV for excel.

From there we receive the happy popup saying that the file will be sent to our email which is shown to us and is the correct one.

Our I.T. says that there does not seem to be any blocked messages due to size. This makes us think that the file is simply not being sent to us.

Is there a way to possibly fix this? Failing that, is there a way to download the file directly or use the API to pull the same information?

Accepted Solutions (2)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3389 459 976

This is an accepted solution.

@Haegan 

Hmm, that is strange! I suspect it may be due to the size of the CSV. The larger the CSV the longer it will take for it to generate and be sent to your email. 

Are you able to test whether a smaller batch of products will produce a CSV email? If yes, then the size of the CSV would be the issue. If not, then I would recommend reaching out to our Support as they can look into why the email is not sending. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

amandaatremix
Excursionist
18 2 3

Shopify support contacted me, and the problem was that we have a hyphen in the name of the location. (Re-Mix) I temporarily edited the location name to get rid of the hyphen and exported successfully, and then changed it back. 🤷🏼‍♀️

View solution in original post

Replies 16 (16)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3389 459 976

@Haegan 

Hmm, that is strange! I suspect it may be due to the size of the CSV. The larger the CSV the longer it will take for it to generate and be sent to your email. 

Are you able to test whether a smaller batch of products will produce a CSV email? If yes, then the size of the CSV would be the issue. If not, then I would recommend reaching out to our Support as they can look into why the email is not sending. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Blaft
Visitor
1 0 3

@Trevor 

We have been using the workaround for a while -- we can export page by page, and we get a CSV file for immediate download. But it's impossible to export a bigger batch -- an email is promised but never arrives.

We have been through a session with Shopify support but have got no relief. 

It's quite time consuming to do this every time you need a large report... please fix this bug...

Thanks

CloudlabGeorge
Excursionist
18 2 8

If you like, you can do this easily via our free app, Report Toaster. 
https://apps.shopify.com/report-toaster

We have the report you need, as well as a large number of other reports and attributes that you might find useful to customize it further.

Not only can you download the reports directly (into CSV, JSON, PDF etc), but you can also create a shareable link so you can easily send the report to other members of the team. 

Give me a shout if you need any help in getting setup? 

Thanks, 
George

amandaatremix
Excursionist
18 2 3

@CloudlabGeorge  - any way to get a report of inventory stocked at a particular location? App looks good for some other things, so glad to know about it, but that's the one need we have in particular at the moment... Thanks! 

user1232
Visitor
1 0 8

Same issue here.  Multiple support requests.  Only way I can get file exports is if customer service emails them.  Thanks for the Report Toaster option.    @Shopify This should not be marked as solved as there is clearly an issue still.

Delaia24
Visitor
1 0 4

We have the same issue and still occurring. I submitted a support request several times not even once they could present me a solution. Each time the same reaction of "we never heard of this problem before". Checking up the same issue again, since it happens every several weeks that we have to export our customer list or product list, the problem is marked as solved however this issue still seems to exist on several users and no solution is provided... Please Shopify experts help us to solve this issue. 

amandaatremix
Excursionist
18 2 3

We have the same issue. 

WildFlowersofNY
Visitor
2 0 2

@Shopify why are you not fixing this? it is 2023 and you still have this issue. I am having this problem and chat is not able to help!!

SkyBolt
Visitor
2 0 0

I changed my email address at it fixed the problem.

amandaatremix
Excursionist
18 2 3

Shopify support contacted me, and the problem was that we have a hyphen in the name of the location. (Re-Mix) I temporarily edited the location name to get rid of the hyphen and exported successfully, and then changed it back. 🤷🏼‍♀️

gdkng
Shopify Partner
1 0 3

This is NOT the solution.  I have 10k items in my store.  When I am logged in as the store administrator, emails that are supposedly sent with exports are not sent.  This is true for product exports, financial exports, ect.. 

Now if I log in as a different account, the exact same exports work.

Saptarshi
Shopify Partner
15 0 2

If you want to pull the data into a spreadsheet, do give our new platform a try: Airboxr. Here is an inventory report that we can pull from Shopify. There is a free plan that should be enough for infrequent usage. You can also schedule it to run (say) at the end of every day/month, so you always have a spreadsheet in sync when you need it. 

More about Airboxr here.

AdvantMarketing
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, I had the same problem, and @Trevor's answer was not the solution (at least for me I had several clients with 4k+ products in their catalogs), the solution for me was changing my account's email for other I have, then export again the products catalog and TA-DA! there it is the CVS file! 

For some reason this solves the bug (for now) but I had not solved this with the shopify support service.

Please @Shopify fix this issue. 

Edit: typo

We go as fast as our clients let us!
Candice5
Visitor
1 0 0

This worked for me, thank you!

I couldn't export my billing history/ orders/ products or anything. Just made a new staff profile with a different email to export to and it worked 🙂

Saptarshi
Shopify Partner
15 0 2

In case it is helpful to others, Airboxr (my app) helps automate exactly this type of reports. Here are some examples that might help you (click on the links below to see a screenshot of the report): 

You will also receive a dashboard that highlights your key metrics such as LTV, ROAS, MER, sales etc. Give it a shot by installing it from the Shopify App Store. There is a 14-day free trial and a limited free plan too. 

juleng
Visitor
1 0 0

I setup an alias for my main email, changed the main email to the new alias, export , received the file.