Why did Shopify deem my store as risky and inactive?

ManthanVidiya
Tourist
3 0 2

I recently created my store on Shopify and was running it. Today suddenly my store became inactive. I contacted support and they couldn't see anything wrong with the store either. They raised the issue with the business team and created a ticket id.

I got a response from the business team as quoted below:

Hello there,

Fletcher here from the Risk Operations Team at Shopify. We are writing to you in regards to your account snappy-home.myshopify.com.

This email is to inform you that after reviewing your information and website we believe your business presents a level of risk that we will be unable to support with Shopify. I know this is not ideal, however we won't be able to help with your business.

At this time since Shopify has been deemed not a good fit for your business you will need to research other e-commerce platforms to find one that will be suitable. Regrettably we are not able to make recommendations to merchants.

Please note that for security and privacy reasons we are unable to divulge the results of our reviews and investigations. Once an account has been declined the decision is final.

Thank you and I wish you all the best with your business going forward!

Kind regards,

Fletcher
Risk Analyst | Shopify

This has happened on the very day the trial got over. 

One possible reason could be because here in India recurring charges on cards do not have without the card holder manually verifying the payment so I have to manually pay but my store became inactive before that only.

Is there anybody who has faced the same issue? Of if someone from Shopify can read this please convey it to the team.

I would really appreciate any help or advice here as we have put a lot of hard work in building out store.

@Shopify 

Replies 14 (14)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

While we can't discuss account specific information with you through our Community Forums, I have liaised with our Risk team on what the next best steps will be from here.

It is advised that you reply directly to the email you have been sent from Fletcher and they can continue to discuss account specific information with you as well as clarification over this situation!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ManthanVidiya
Tourist
3 0 2
Hello Team,
I have made multiple attempts to contact Fletcher through email and through
the support team but I am not able to get a reply from him
I request you to please contact him on my behalf requesting to check his
emails. I have provided all the information there and I just need access to
billing.
Thank you,
Manthan Vidiya
Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

I appreciate the additional context. I've reached out to our Risk team who have advised they have received your responses and will get back to you as soon as possible to resolve this and answer your queries that are sent through!

Messner
6 0 0

I had the same problem, but I found out that your store has reopened, how did you do it, how did you communicate with the risk team?

ManthanVidiya
Tourist
3 0 2
I had to reply ti the email i got from the risk team highligting the
details of the case. mine was due to a failed payment because of some new
govt guidelines. They replied in 3 days and asked for some documents for
verification and gave me access in next 24 hours.
Messner
6 0 0

I don't know how to reply to them now because I told them there is nothing offensive on my site and the product is just a normal watch product, I am willing to submit all my files to shopify for review and they still win don't tell me why My store is closed. I would love to know what your reply is and they are willing to let you submit documents to activate your store.

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

I understand the importance of having this issue resolved. The next best steps I can advise is for you to reply directly to the Risk email our team have sent you - you're welcome to ask all the questions you have regarding the closure of your store and they will be happy to answer and clarify this all up with you.

Our team will be able to advise you about submitting any documents to help with reactivating your store (if necessary).

nathaliarojas
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello Nia 

Can you please help me? 

I already responded but I'm stressed and sad. I request you to please contact him on my behalf requesting to check Frederick to check his emails.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-07-18 a la(s) 4.38.30 p. m..png

Thank you so much

Nathalia

USER000
19 0 0

At this time since Shopify has been deemed not a good fit for your business you will need to research other e-commerce platforms to find one that will be suitable. Regrettably we are not able to make recommendations to merchants.

We have the same issue but does this means that we are ban in using shopify even if we create another account?

Thebeautyshops
Tourist
5 0 1

I have exactly the same issue At this time since Shopify has been deemed not a good fit for your business you will need to research other e-commerce platforms to find one that will be suitable. Regrettably we are not able to make recommendations to merchants, is there a way to validate our account and productos since we are already launched the shop and started selling, now we cannot see who buy and we are loosing our sells. 

VikHTES
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hello Nia

We have shopify partner account & have built 300+ stores till now.

Not sure what the reason is as we try to build stores that comply 100% with all types of search & social platforms.

I was surprised to see stores with status mentioned in this thread.

I tried to explain this to risk analysis team. 

We have built many stores and will keep building many more. Not know the reason or what guidelines to follow will put us in big trouble. 

We pitch in shopify so it's just not us, but shopify too that gets long term business.

This is what I sent to risk analysis team: https://prnt.sc/olmVD_OEXZzI
when I recvd their response: https://prnt.sc/tMZJBTXOuUF4

And this was they last response: https://prnt.sc/7Mr3TeqZ0dlm

Nia, people who bring business and build stores for client to promote your platform, (with partner account) should alteast be give some guidelines that needs to be followed. 300+ store count should have an account manager who can help from time to time to keep us in loop of what to do & what not to do in order to maintain the relationship.

We would highly appreciate if you can connect us with someone who can help resolve this issue.

Looking forward for your help and suggestions on how to move forward.
*We still have many clients waiting for store building and launch business everymonth.

~Vik (HTES)

Wesley_team
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Nia, 

We think you are very professional and responsible.

We have also meet the same problem. But we have just registered shopfiy and provided all certification information. But it still email our store has a suspension. Can you help us? We have our own brand authorization and ensure that everything is fine. It is legal and compliant.

Giuseppe_lo
Visitor
1 0 1

There is no reason for these store deactivations.

I had this happen to me in the past, when I moved to the Dominican Republic, all the stores were getting deactivated, and I was getting the same email as you.

Then I moved somewhere else and I had no more problems with Shopify.

I deduce that Shopify disables some accounts based on the IP address.
So if you are in the wrong apartment, you will be banned from Shopify.

And it's not worth asking Shopify support for information, their only answer is "the decision is final"

No information is given by the support, the impression of having the same support as FB Ads, that is to say a useless customer support.

The team that is in charge of this kind of problem, is a team of incompetent idiots. Sorry team Shopify but it's the truth

Devian
Tourist
3 0 1

True, this is exactly the case!
I had the same. And this team who are acting god-like, don't even give a reason, and after reopening not even a reason nor a apologie. 

Once we are done with Shopify we will share our experience. Merchant should be aware of the risks of the Shopify Risk-Team.