Shopify ignoring my inventory quantity when i upload csv

bookshelfpk
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi. I have an online bookstore here on shopify and only one physical location. I am trying to upload around a 300 books from a csv file. The quantity of each book that i have available is 1. Ive entered the same quantity in my csv and named shopify as my variant inventory tracker as well. However, whenever I import my csv in the products category, it shows my variant quantity as 0. At the time of importing, when i click "change the order of column headings" it shows that the column of Variant Inventory Qty is being ignored and I cant change that no matter what i try. 

Ive been trying to fix this for hours now and each time it ignores my column. A friend of mine has a similar business to mine on shopify and she has never faced this issue. I cant possibly sit and manually increase the quantity on each product one by one. 

Any help to resolve this ASAP would be greatly appreciated. I have a discount sale planned to start on the 9th and i cant possibly afford such a delay.

Thanks

Replies 5 (5)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

The ability to update inventory on product csv imports was deprecated around October. You now need to use inventory csv import for quantities: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/inventory/inventory-csv

Regards

Tom

VBGL
Visitor
2 0 0

When you have over 10,000 products in your store from various vendors and api's not being able to upload inventory quantity with the initial csv file upload makes things very difficult.  I am trying the mix table app.  let's see how this goes

eirpoint
Visitor
2 0 0

May I ask if it is still possible to set the INITIAL INVENTORY quantity when  using the Import products functionality to import new products for the first time? OR had this also been deprecated?

quay-books
10 0 0

Hello, may I ask you a question.
I am in your position: I have an online bookstore on Shopify and only one physical location

Obviously, when I sell online, the Shopify system automatically reduces the number of books on my inventory.
When I sell books in my physical location, I have to keep a physical record of the barcode of the book which I have sold. At the end of the day, I go to my shopify inventory and manually adjust the inventory.

May I ask: at your physical location, are you able to adjust your inventory in real-time by scanning an ISBN and communicating that to your Shopify system.

I have the basic Shopify subscription.

Many thanks and best wishes,  Pat McMahon at Quay Books, Limerick, Ireland.

Pat at Quay Books, Limerick, Ireand

Cristina_92
Shopify Partner
41 0 15

Hi @quay-books !

We want to make an app that will allow booksellers to sell books at physical bookstore using Shopify POS.

Did you find a solution to your problem?

Thank you.

Cristina.

ISBNExpress: Books Importer - import books by ISBN into your bookstore.