Shopify Installments like LAYAWAY?

SarahOTSF
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm trying to understand Shopify Installments. So with Shopify Installments, they pay in 4 payments, correct? My issue with it is that it feels like layaway to me. When do they get their products? AFTER all 4 payments or after the first one? I worked layaway at a store and do not want to do anything like that again. Too many people left their clothes there with only partial payment and I'm not letting them have my product before full payment. I keep trying to turn it off but it keeps coming back checked! 

Help me understand please...if anyone knows. I don't want to totally turn off the regular Shopify Pay. I just don't want to do Shopify Installments!

Thanks in advance.

Replies 2 (2)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

With Shop Pay Installments, you will be paid in full, upfront and will never have to chase anyone to collect payment as this is looked after on our end. This means you would fulfill any orders made through Shop Pay Installments as per normal, as you would be receiving a full payment. Here is a guide with more information on Shop Pay Installments.

If you uncheck the Shop Pay option in your Payment settings, this should not be reverting back to checked so we may need to look into that further for you. While I can't access your store here in our Community, our lovely Support Advisors on live chats/callbacks will be able to authenticate you and look into your settings for this issue!

If you need help with deciding whether offering Shop Pay in your store is the best option or not, please don't hesitate to respond to this post and I'll help you out further!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SarahOTSF
Visitor
2 0 0
Thank you. I didn't want to chase anyone or my product down. We decided to
accept Shopify Installments now. I did have issues keeping it unchecked
though. You might want to look into that for others.
Have a great holiday.
-Sarah Puckett