Shopify Oberlo 'Product is blocked'

denniss
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

Does anyone know what this means? A customer from my store ordered a product and its unfulfilled with a message of 'Product is blocked'.

sss.png

aaa.png

Could it mean that the order hasn't been processed yet by aliexpress seller?

thanks for any help you can provide

Replies 3 (3)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@denniss 

At times, we may remove products at our discretion from Oberlo. If the product is marked as blocked, it means that you are at risk of selling it. While technically, you are able to fulfill orders with this product in Oberlo, we highly recommend looking for another product to sell. Selling this product may create problems in the future, such as the Facebook business account being suspended, payment gateway banned or your online store taken down. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

vasar
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Trevor,

I am not the original question writer, but I would have an additional question if it is not a problem.

Could you please on what you mean by we are at risk of selling a product marked as blocked? Why is it marked blocked? Why would a facebook business account get suspended? Legal problems, bad product quality, or other reasons?

Thank you in advance.

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@vasar 

Selling products that are marked as blocked by Oberlo or any other app would mean you're choosing to bypass the warnings of selling a product. These products could pose risks such as copyright infringement which would result in legal action being taken against you by the owner of the content. These reasons vary and wouldn't be possible to provide an exhaustive list. 

There could be a variety of reasons a product is blocked by Facebook and for why an account would be suspended. These rules are dictated by Facebook and not something Shopify has control over. 

Reasons could range from products having certain restrictions (e.g. cannabis, guns, etc) to being products that Facebook doesn't want on their platform (e.g. adult services, digital products, etc). 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog