Shopify Payments or Alternative in South Africa

TheRealFasLlama
2 0 0

Good Day

I would like to offer the paying by credit card on the payment screen like with Shopify Payment

However it appears that Shopify Payment is not available in South Africa

Does anyone know of a way that I can capture and process credit card payments on the payment screen without having to redirect to a 3rd Party payment gateway?

Replies 4 (4)
Don
Shopify Staff
1598 107 216

Hi there @TheRealFasLlama!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out here in the Shopify Community to share your query.

You can check out the full list of payment gateways available for use in Shopify Africa for your Shopify store here.

The behaviour you mentioned here, where a payment gateway leads a customer to complete checkout outside of Shopify would be that of an indirect, or offsite gateway.

That is as opposed to a direct, onsite gateway (such as Shopify Payments).

My advice for you from here would be to spend some time researching the options available where you are and then reach out to some of the companies offering service where you are to see if their gateway integrations with Shopify are onsite (direct) or offsite (external).

Would you still be working on setting up your store here or have you started selling already?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TheRealFasLlama
2 0 0

Hello

Our site is live and we currently make use of PayFast and PayFlex payment providers but both of these are external payment providers

How do I know from that list who are internal and who are external payment providers?

Thanks

Don
Shopify Staff
1598 107 216

Hi again @TheRealFasLlama!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for your reply here in the Shopify Community.

As we don't track info on which sort of payment gateway integration has been made available by a third-party gateway, you would need to determine this for any options available where you are.

I would still advise you to reach out to any gateway provider companies you are interested in so you can check with them directly to confirm which sort of gateway integration they have made available (onsite vs external).

You can check out the full list of payment gateways available for use in South Africa for your Shopify store on this page.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Dean_Swanepoel
Shopify Expert
3 0 0

Any idea when Shopify Payments will be available in South Africa?