When will Shopify Payments be available in Portugal?

bbialmeida
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

When can we have shopify payments in Portugal? It's a shame we can't have it while in Spain for example already exist. It's a huge problem we don't have it when we want to internacionalize our brand because we can't add different currency at our store.

Our brand is now in an internacionalization process and we're stuck with this problem! There are paid apps that can show different currency but then the payment process and checkout doesn't work. Unfortunately we have now to look at other platforms for our store that can solve this problem if you can't give us a solution.

Thank you, 

Replies 5 (5)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @bbialmeida,

I completely understand your frustration with this. I can see how having Shopify Payments makes it easier to do sell in different currencies and get paid! I can't provide a timeline for for when Shopify Payments will come to Portugal but what I can do is submit a feature request for this on your behalf. Currently the gateways which Shopify is partnered with for Portugal can be seen here

Let me know if you have any other questions about anything! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

bbialmeida
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

I know we have other gateaways for payments but our problem is to change the currency on our website. It's possible with paid apps change the currency on the pages but then the payment process doesn't change the currency so the problem isn't solve!

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

I know what you mean @bbialmeida. You want your customers to be able to feel comfortable and check out in their currency in the checkout and not get put off by it only being the one currency. I've added your feedback to the already existing feature request for our team and hopefully Shopify Payments will come to Portugal soon! 

MPMachado
Shopify Expert
8 0 9

Hi,

Any news on this subject?

As a Shopify expert is critical for us to compete with other platforms and Shopify without support for Shopify Payments loses a lot of o functionality. We don't have subscriptions with out-charge, you don't have native multi-currency and after testing the new markets app, without Shopify payments we have basically the same problem.

At least, if the Stripe integration could process payments in more than one currency, as stripe does.

https://alaska.agency
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @MPMachado,

There is still no update on this, but our development team is aware of how often it's been requested! I'll be sure to update this thread if it's announced.