Shopify payments

J0hanss0n
1 0 0

I set up Shopify payment but i am underaged so how do i switch all the names to a mature so i can use shopify payments. can someone help med?

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
331 53 52

Hey @J0hanss0n,

Welcome to the Shopify Community! I'll be happy to help you out with this.

Shopify's Terms of Service state that you must be at least 18 years or older to open an account:

21-09-760lz-pkdc6

I'd suggest speaking with your parents and letting them know you'd like to create an online store to start a business. This means that your parents will need to create and manage the Shopify account until you become of age to manage the account yourself. Given that your parent's banking information and personal information will be used to create the account, any income will affect your parent's taxes as the income would be under their name (and not your own). I'd suggest speaking with your parents about how the money can be managed from any sales that are made.

You can see how to transfer account ownership and then how to replace the bank details from the guides below:

Once you turn 18, this can be changed to your details but needs to be sent to one of our teams internally to review and authorize with the correct details. If the name of any of the details mentioned are not of your parents and you are underage, the store will likely be closed. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Something to remember is to log in and talk to someone on the support team you will need to verify via the account owner's (AO) email.

Thanks for reaching out to confirm this and let me know if you have any other questions!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes