Shopify payout to the merchant and a third party separately

rajeshideaqu
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to Shopify payout that allows us to get payment separated for the merchant & for us as a donation processing company.

Example Case:

During cart items checkout, there will be an option to round up the cart amount. Say cart total is $127.  It can be round up to $130.

The round-up amount i.e. $3 will go to Charity Donation via us as a donation processing company.

For this, during the checkout, we want to get payment separated for the merchant & for us as a donation processing company.

So that, the merchant will get his cart total amount to their account and the charity amount ($3 in this case) get into our account. 

Reply 1 (1)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there @rajeshideaqu!

That's a great question!

If you're specifically referring to the use of Shopify Payments here, I have confirmed with our Payments team that it would not be possible to split the payout into more than one account due to how the gateway functions.

There are a number of apps in our store that work to allow for charitable donations to be made by store customers that you can check out as a workaround.

What I can do for you from here is to file a request for this functionality to be added to the platform in the future.

If you can share a little info about why this is important to your business, this will help us file the most accurate request with our developer team so they understand why this is important to our merchants.

I look forward to working on this further with you!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog