Can Shopify payout speed affect your print on demand business?

JAC1
5 0 0

Hello, I'm new to print on demand and was wondering if someone could help me. Right now when I have an order made on my sight Printful takes the money out my bank account immediately to make the product. Shopify then takes several days to deliver my payout to me from the money I actually made. This is fine right now, but once I start getting more orders I realized it would be possible for my bank account to go negative if many orders happened at once and Printful charged me but Shopify took days to give me my payout. I was wondering if there was any way to avoid this or any solutions.

Replies 4 (4)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey, @JAC1!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community.

Running a print-on-demand store is a fantastic business venture! This means you don’t need to buy or store any inventory, keeping your overhead costs nice and low. If one of your ideas pans out and you start to generate a meaningful number of sales, you can always graduate from using a print-on-demand site to holding your own inventory or continue to use these services while finding new ways to grow your audience. The choice is yours! I highly suggest checking out this course for a more in-depth explanation of this business model and step-by-step instructions on setting up a print-on-demand empire.

Shopify Payments Payouts

The length of your pay period depends on the country where your store is based, I'm afraid payouts can not be sped up. Typically, payouts will arrive in your bank account within 4 business days. The funds might not appear in your bank account right after they're sent as banks typically take between 24-72 hours to process deposits to your bank account. More information on payouts can be found here.

As a workaround, you could look at integrating another provider such as PayPal. Although if you don't use Shopify Payments, then transaction fees apply for orders in addition to the processing fee charged by your payment provider. With Shopify payments enabled, you aren't charged transaction fees on orders for stores located in most countries. Other payment providers also have their own rules on when you receive payouts for credit card orders. You may want to check with various providers to find out how often you will be paid. You can view a list of payment providers that are available in your region right here.

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

YnGuns
Visitor
3 0 0

The slowness of payout is actually unacceptable. I have orders that need fulfilled immediately. I opened up a Shopify debit account thinking the payment would be instant to that account as it is a literal Shopify account with an issued debit card from Shopify. This takes out the 3rd party transfer away where shopify would send it to my personal bank account, yet it takes the same amount of time for it to upload to my Shopify account?! Something is shady here. There is absolutely no reason that it should take 6 business days to process when it was paid directly to shopify a especially when using a shopify debit account. It should me literal seconds! Explain???

YnGuns™️
Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

I understand your frustration with the payout process and the delay in receiving funds to your account. Even if you're using a Shopify debit account, the funds still need to be transferred to your bank account associated with that debit card. The processing time for bank transfers can vary depending on the financial institution and the specific circumstances.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Therabbit
Visitor
2 0 1

Shopify just started this! I had a shop for many years and it was always 3 days . I have been fighting this issue for weeks now . I think it’s rotten that they hold onto our money this long ! They are probably getting interest on it or getting better stats for the overall gross income so they can get more money themselves to invest in other things ,

I am looking to change to square .