FROM CACHE - en_header

Shopify POS Card Reader recommendation (USA)

Solved
IAClothing
Tourist
9 0 4

Hi, I will be vending at some outdoor festivals and want to know if I should get the "Chip & Swipe Reader" or "Shopify Tap & Chip Card Reader".  Any feedback you have to share is welcome.  Thank you!

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4531 434 1001

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @IAClothing,

Great question! This really depends on what you're looking for and the festival you're going to! Do you feel the tap function could benefit you for a quick transaction when there? If so then the Tap, Chip and Swipe could cover all your needs! Something to note though is that it's currently not available on Android devices:

30-36-0j3et-mbcwv

So if you are on Android then this might not be the way to go for you. In this case, it might be worth your time to take a look and research some of the other card readers Shopify has to see which best fits your needs for what you're looking to do! You can see links to all the different models and their features here

Nick | Community Moderator @Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4531 434 1001

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @IAClothing,

Great question! This really depends on what you're looking for and the festival you're going to! Do you feel the tap function could benefit you for a quick transaction when there? If so then the Tap, Chip and Swipe could cover all your needs! Something to note though is that it's currently not available on Android devices:

30-36-0j3et-mbcwv

So if you are on Android then this might not be the way to go for you. In this case, it might be worth your time to take a look and research some of the other card readers Shopify has to see which best fits your needs for what you're looking to do! You can see links to all the different models and their features here

Nick | Community Moderator @Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

IAClothing
Tourist
9 0 4

I'm on Android so I will go with Swipe and Chip.  Thanks for your help, Nick!