Shopify products review won't completely uninstall

Oslo123
Tourist
3 0 1

I read through some of the other posts but still can't resolve the issue of an empty shopify product review box. I had installed the app but found another one that I like better so uninstalled it. The new one is up but in the place where the shopify product reviews were, there is an empty box with the button, leave a review. Its confusing to customers and I would like to remove it.

I tried adding this code that was suggested but without any luck: spr-badge[data-rating="0.0"] { visibility:hidden; display: none; } 

Replies 12 (12)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

Hey, @Oslo123!

When using the Shopify Reviews app, it would have required that you manually install the snippet coding into your product page. Installing the snippet would have been done by going to Online Store/Themes/Actions/Edit Code. From there, you would have installed the snippet in either product.liquid (found under the templates folder) or installed it in your product-template.liquid folder (found under the sections folder). Finding the snippet in either of these folders would be the step you need to take to ensure the coding is removed. 

When viewing the liquid file, you can use "Command + F" (for Mac) or "Control + F" (for PC) to search the file for keywords. Using the text field that appears, you can search for "reviews" which should pull up the snippet code you're after. The snippet will look like this: 

<div id="shopify-product-reviews" data-id="{{product.id}}">{{ product.metafields.spr.reviews }}</div>

Once removed, you can save the file. That should automatically update your site and remove the review box you're seeing. If you have any trouble processing these steps then let me know what part you get stuck on, along with a screenshot of what you see as I'd be happy to help out! 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Oslo123
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Peter! Thanks for your amazing reply which was so detailed. Unfortunately, I can't find the code you cited in either folder and I did searches for different words in the code. Any other ideas? 🙂

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@Oslo123 

Thanks for letting me know! Taking a look at your store, I can see that you're using a third-party theme which is likely why you're not seeing the code within those areas. When it comes to sectioned themes, there will be template folders (i.e. product.liquid), then the sections folder (i.e. product-template.liquid). Following this example, if we open "product.liquid," you'll find a small piece of code that says {% section 'product-template' %} which indicates the name of the liquid folder under "sections":

20-09-an900-3xffw

As you're using a third-party theme, the name that appears here will likely be different. Based on the developer console, I suspect the liquid file you're after is static-product.liquid which should be found under the "sections" folder: 

20-09-xlch5-py456

You should be able to find the reviews snippet in that file. Once removed that should resolve your issue!

Oslo123
Tourist
3 0 1
That was really cool. I just edited my own code. And it worked. Thanks Peter!
mark_perez
Visitor
1 0 1

Was stuck on this issue for an hour! Thank you for sharing Trevor 🙌🏽

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

Glad it helped!

GoodSirTeaCo
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Trevor -

I'm having a similar issue as above, only the 'Write A Review' button is stuck on the top of ONLY ONE of our products, Berry Heaven. You can see it on our website at www.goodsirteaco.com. I tried looking through all of the code for the snippet provided by Shopify Reviews. This happened when I was switching themes and it became stuck on that specific one. That specific product was the only one I left a 'test' review on - on the older theme. We are currently using the 2.0 Prestige theme by Maestrooo.

Please help!

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@GoodSirTeaCo 

I'm not seeing this on your website. Would you happen to have a screenshot of what you're seeing?

GoodSirTeaCo
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks for getting back to me, Trevor! The link is https://www.goodsirteaco.com/products/berry-heaven

I've also attached a screenshot for your convenience.Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 2.11.40 PM.png

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@GoodSirTeaCo 

Seeing as it appears in the header, I suspect this isn't connected to your product template. I would take a look at the theme.liquid file, search for "review" and remove the line you find in there. 

GoodSirTeaCo
Tourist
3 0 1

@Trevor and there it was! I was looking all over the place, but I guess when it got added to the theme.liquid code, it changed a little bit so my search for the code wasn't showing up. Problem solved.

Thank you so much!

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@GoodSirTeaCo 

Glad that worked!