Shopify recieves more traffic than Amazon

PranshuJo
Tourist
5 0 1

Shopify received more online traffic than ecommerce rival Amazon for the first time last quarter, according to Similarweb.

The average number of monthly unique visitors for ecommerce sites powered by Shopify reached 1.16 billion, during the three months ending in June.

Amazon received 1.10 billion average monthly unique visitors during the same period.

Kudos to all community members.

Replies 3 (3)

Adrian20
Shopify Partner
41 0 2

Pretty meaningless stat though, it's comparing apples to oranges, Amazon and Shopify are totally different things.

PranshuJo
Tourist
5 0 1

Last time I checked, they were used by sellers to sell and buyers to buy.

Adrian20
Shopify Partner
41 0 2

That's about the only thing in common. It's like saying that a car is used by people to make journeys and so is a space shuttle so they are the same thing.

Amazon is a marketplace, Shopify is an e-commerce platform. If I attract thousands of people to my Shopify store it makes zero difference to someone elses Shopify store whereas if I attract thousands of people to my listings on Amazon they are exposed to many items sold by other sellers.

One of the many reasons I don't sell on marketplaces. I don't want the likes of eBay and Amazon recommending other peoples similar items to my customers.