Shopify's High Costs for Small B2B Merchants: Unfair or Just Business?

Shopify's High Costs for Small B2B Merchants: Unfair or Just Business?

KommaKaffe
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hey everyone 💫

We're so close to having Shopify be the ultimate beast for all merchant needs! I frick'in love it!

But why on Earth, can't we merchants with an annual income below $800,000 access B2B capabilities? 

We're a specialty coffee roastery with a small team of fewer than 10 people, and we heavily rely on B2B sales. Two years ago, we had to set up a separate B2B site to integrate with our ERP system alongside our D2C Shopify site because Shopify lacked the necessary B2B features and customizations.

Now, things have improved significantly, and the Shopify Connector to our ERP system has gotten much better. However, we simply can't afford the $2,300 monthly fee?! It's simply a ludicrous amount for a small business like ours.

Currently, we're paying $12,000 annually for the licensing of our separate B2B site. And we have plans to take our D2C from shopify over to the other one..

Just imagine if Shopify recognized the value for smaller B2B shops like ours? 

Yes, B2B capabilities are available through third-party apps, but why should we have to rely on them when the solution is right there?

It feels like Shopify is ignoring the needs of smaller b2b businesses and, in the process, losing out on significant revenue.

Are we the only one that has an issue with their pricing? 🤔 

Reply 1 (1)
KommaKaffe
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

I thought that was what I did, Jamez? But please do tell if there are other Shopify forums I need to get on? 😄