shopify search products characters problem

parfumuri24
Tourist
13 0 1

Hello,

I have a problem with search of the products in the front-end.

For example if i search a complete product work for example:

"xerjoff" i get results but when i type "xerj" I don't get any results.

Is there a plugin or a setting to modify this?

Replies 5 (5)

parfumuri24
Tourist
13 0 1

any advice here?

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

Hi @parfumuri24 

Thank you for bumping this post. I can definitely understand how important it is for your storefront search to work properly. 

To clarify the issue, when customers search on your public store with partial search terms, they are not seeing all appropriate results. Is that correct?

I did some tests on my own store using our new Dawn theme and I was able to load applicable products with partial searches so it looks like the default search feature is working as expected for myself.

I'd like to test out the theme you are using, as the search features for your front end would be controlled by your theme. There are apps you can use to make your search more robust, but I would like to help you rule out any theme issues first. I would also ask that you try loading the Dawn theme into your store theme backup as well as a fresh copy of your current theme and check through the theme editor if the search issues are persisting there. This will help us narrow down why this isn't working as expected. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

parfumuri24
Tourist
13 0 1

For now I am using debut free theme so I would like a solution for this theme.

Thank you!

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

Thank you @parfumuri24 for confirming that for me. I did also test the Debut theme and the partial search results worked for me as well. 

Were you able to test any other themes on your store? You don't need to publish them, but have them as backups in your theme list and customize them in the theme editor to see if they are working as expected. 

Do you have any apps installed that change your search feature on your store? Or have you done any coding customizations to alter the native search feature? 

Please let me know!

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

parfumuri24
Tourist
13 0 1

Yes @Shay I tested with other theme and I get the same problem.

Interesting fact is that in shopify admin products search I don't have this error, just in the front-end.