Why isn't Shopify shipping to specific addresses in California?

WebNinjaz
Visitor
1 0 1

I think we may have a bug in Shopify. This is the 3rd email I’ve received today from various customers in Cali. They are saying their addresses are invalid and the order won’t ship there? Can someone please look into this? Thanks.
Store Url: Peatos.com

Replies 2 (2)

Dollysales
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,how are you doing?

You can only contact Shopify shipping support,that is the only solution way

banned

Shay
Shopify Staff
2779 440 566

Hi @WebNinjaz 

Thank you for sharing your issue here for us. I can see you posted this a few hours ago, so hopefully you were able to get this resolved but if not, these are the most common issues we see when these errors happen:

1. Make sure you do have shipping rates setup for the country/location of the shipping address you are testing. You can find your shipping rates under Settings > Shipping in your admin.
  2. Check that all shipping locations are enabled (can be found on the bottom of the shipping rates page), this includes dropshipping services as well as physical locations. 
  3. Make sure your products are not marked as "no shipping required" in their product details. You can quickly double check this by using the Bulk Editor
  4. Also in the Bulk Editor, check to make sure that your item weights are correct. It is common to see weights that are supposed to be grams be in kilograms instead, making it ineligible for the available shipping. 
  5. Make sure you have a default package setup to calculate your shipping rates with.
  6. If you have more than one shipping profile, make sure that they have matching shipping rates so that customers can check out with all their items at the same time. 

If you are still not able to find the issue please don't hesitate to reach out to our live support for additional help with this. To contact our live support please follow this link: Shopify Help Center - Contact Support, sign into your store account, search for your issue and use the contact support button at the bottom of the search results to see all our live support options. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog