FROM CACHE - en_header

Shopify Supporting Right-to-Left Languages (RTL)

rybiwir
1 0 1

I have just started using Shopify on a Hebrew store website.

There any way to support to RTL for the Hebrew language?

Replies 54 (54)
maymay1994
Tourist
4 0 2
Try Electro 5.0 By Arenacommerce from envato.com you can check my store to test RTL working with Language AR URL qsfortech.myshopify.com
Sandeepp
1 0 4

Try the below simple code on theme.liquid file and it will do the trick.

{%- if shop.locale == 'ar' -%}
<html class="no-js" lang="{{ shop.locale }}" dir="rtl">
{%- else -%}
<html class="no-js" lang="{{ shop.locale }}">
{%- endif -%}

Explanation: Shopify theme supports RTL with dir property in HTML tag. All we have to do is by checking condition of shop locale. If the shop.locale is 'ar' then apply the dir property to HTML tag. This works pretty much with my demo site.

Cryptorshy
Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you, very very much, I knew what I  wanted in my head but couldn't find the code for it.

Cryptorshy
Tourist
4 0 2

Dear Sandeepp, 
is there's a modification to this code, to switch only a part of the document not the whole website? i.e I want some parts of the website to remain LTR.
Am sorry If I am being annoying.

goory
2 0 0

did you by any chance find a solution for the slideshow?

chanarivkin
Tourist
4 0 0
i'm not sure hoe this network works

i'm available on 0584577422

avidshopperguid
Shopify Partner
10 0 2
Hi
My advice is to install a free template from shopify as they give you the
best support
I have installed show time for 180$
and when i asked for support they request a annually service fee of 100$
not recommended
adben
1 0 0

Hello,

I have tried the below code, it suceeds in flipping all the pages from left to right, however the alignment of all text, in meues and text boxes, etc.  remains aligned to left. 
And of curse the 1st picture in the slider was the only one displayed.

I am using Ecom turbo 30.2. theme.

Haven't received an eligable response from support, although they are obligated to supply an answer.
Is there another fully supported Shopify theme, I can test my site which shows all items with text alight to right in addition to the whole site flipped right to left?

shlomiz333
1 0 0

Hi, I'm going to use this theme for RTL (Hebrew) shop.

when I try to use their demo page on RTL to see how it looks like, it doesn't show RTL format.

I need to use this theme to make a full RTL store, and use Hebrew as the only language.

maybe can you help me with the installation and switching from ltr to rtl? 

avidshopperguid
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Hi 

we run several Hebrew sites and bilingual as well . 

for Hebrew you should you should convert to RTL 

the slide show will disappear . just contact shopify  support  they will fix it .

for replacing the buttons and other store commands you should  translate the template to Hebrew . you have a list of words that you should translate according to your preferences 

.Do that at Setting: store language -replace to hebrew .

midia
Tourist
4 0 3

Its great but doesn't work when having language options like we have. We would like our customers to choose if English or Arabic but when i use the above code, the English changes to right as well.

Which is then a new issue.

Is there any solution to that?

Thank you for your support

ItayHaritan
Shopify Partner
28 0 2

Hey!
I hope you figured that out.

In case not, you'd like to check out our new Shopify app that turns Shopify themes layout to RTL.
Have a look:
https://apps.shopify.com/rtlmaster 

If you need any help, don't hesitate to contact our support!

midia
Tourist
4 0 3

Hello,

thank you for your reply, how is it that you need to pay for everything extra? I contact the developer of the theme they say they cant help i should hire an expert. We decide to do e-commerce because we wanted to save on expenses but it turns out that whatever you wanted to work you have to pay extra. Bounce rates! does anyone here has also high bounce rates? When you ask someone from shopify or the theme developer they say out of scope hire an expert or buy an app. i think switching to amazon might bless headache, if you are not an coding expert! Very disappointing.

Mayyada
2 0 0

I can’t gains the theme liquid!

midia
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi Mayyada,

do you have a question? I didn't understand your reply.

regards,

Midia

kamala-dulal
Excursionist
43 0 5

From the menu you'll see on the left, open theme.liquid

Near the top of the file, usually in the first 2-5 lines, you'll see text like this

<html class="no-js" lang="{{ shop.locale }}">

The code will vary with different themes, just make sure it's the tag that starts with <html

Before the closing > just add a space followed by the text dir="rtl" to tell the browser to flip everything. This will re-arrange elements like the logo and how text inputs work too. The end result will look like

<html class="no-js" lang="{{ shop.locale }}" dir="rtl">

Then just hit Save!

Or

11 0 0

Go to theme.liquid and place the below code above the <head>

<!doctype html>
<!--[if IE 9]> <html class="ie9 no-js" lang="{{ shop.locale }}"> <![endif]-->
<!--[if (gt IE 9)|!(IE)]><!--> <html class="no-js" lang="{{ shop.locale }}" dir="rtl"> <!--<![endif]-->

And save

In some cases, All the coding need to changes minor according to theme types: if you need further help, you can contact us by EMAIL or WHATSAPP

TheOfficialBlog
Shopify Partner
110 11 30

Hi,

i have helped too many my clients to turn RTL layout, 

which theme are you using?

just you have to download app Etranslator (free) or langify(paid) app, then you need to insert code if theme is not RTL layout, if RTL layout, you don't have to insert any code. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on kuparkoti@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | WhatsApp

MatanCohen365
Shopify Partner
28 0 1

Hey,

For free layout and arbic\hebrew language files 

You can try my app R2L

https://R2L.baba.co.il/

Check out my new free app for Shopify RTL support: https://apps.shopify.com/r2l
krajabi
2 0 0