Shopify Survey

kcsanu
5 0 0

Can someone verify whether Shopify conduct surveys. I received an email from someone from Shopify Research Team inviting me to take a survey and later a paid interview via zoom if eligible.  Is this legit. I have had multiple attempts to access my account login from an unknown proxy and simply wanted to know if anyone else received this email and that it's actually from Shopify Research Team.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
681 167 198

Without greater context on the email, it's difficult to conclude its legitimacy. If you have concerns, forward questionable emails to safety@shopify.com. 

- I am an eCommerce and Marketing Technology consultant based in Toronto, CANADA.
- To inquire about consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message.
- For Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
398 57 73

Hi, @kcsanu!

Great question. We do send out surveys on occasion, which can offer small credits as reimbursement. However, this email does not sound legitimate to me. What email address did the email come from? Does the email have a Mail ID at the bottom of the page that you can share? 

I recommend not following any links in this email at this time, as it does not sound legitimate from the information you have shared. As @Nick_Marketing mentioned, once we have confirmed that this is a phishing email, forwarding the email to our team at safety@shopify.com is the best next step. 

We have a detailed help document on phishing, as well as on account security and how to protect your account. I recommend enabling two-step authentication if you have not already to further protect your account. 

Thanks for flagging this email. 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes