Re: Shopify Trust & Safety Team / Legal

Shopify Trust & Safety Team / Legal

Kent86
Tourist
6 0 1

Has anyone ever received an email from this service?
He contacted me following the blocking of my shopify store, I answered but I have no answer.

Replies 4 (4)

casey-customs
Shopify Partner
143 13 23

Could be legit? As long as you don't see any spelling mistakes and they're not asking you to visit weird sites or download something. If it's just informing you of something and you can see that something is true when you try to log in then sounds like it could be fine.

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 90 149

Hi @Kent86 

Thanks for reaching out here with this query.

Well done for being careful with emails, it's a good idea to treat every email with care and attention before replying or providing any sensitive or private information.

I can confirm that we do have a team that deals with the issues you have described, so there is a good chance that the email is legit and from that team in question. If your store has recently been blocked, then you would indeed be expecting an email from us containing more information, as that is how we communicate these kinds of issues.

I would encourage you to double check the email address that the email was sent from - does it look like a Shopify owned email? As @casey-customs mentioned, checking for things like spelling mistakes or odd requests to click strange links or download things is a great way to spot phishing or scam emails.

If you have any doubts about the authenticity of the email after considering the above, then I would highly suggest reaching out to our support team using this link here before replying to it. While we likely cannot share any details regarding the content of the email, we should be able to confirm if an email was actually sent. You will need to quote the ticket number to the support advisor dealing with your query.

After confirming the authenticity of the email, and depending on the content of the email - you may then need to reply to it and work with that team to address any further concerns you may have about your store being blocked. Here on the Shopify Community, and via our general support channels we are unable to assist with these types of issues, as we have dedicated teams who work with you via email to discuss next steps.

I trust that this answers your queries, but please do let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Kent86
Tourist
6 0 1

I'm not trying to find out if the service is legitimate, I want to know how long this service takes to respond to emails.

A scandal the way they operate.
Disable a store and then wait +5 days for an answer.

So brutal decision making

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 90 149

Thanks for confirming @Kent86 

I understand what you mean now, and I do appreciate your concerns. I can imagine how it must feel when you are eagerly awaiting more information about your store.

It's impossible for me to say exactly how long it might take for a reply from that team, or even if a reply will be merited. We do not have access to the store information or content of the emails - only that specific team does. Each case is treated individually and could have varying levels of complexity, so it might be taking more time to process your information in order to be able to reply to you.

With that said, if it has been more than 5 working days and you haven't received a reply, then please do feel free to contact our support team using my link above. We can take a look to make sure the team handling this has everything that they need, and also make sure any further replies weren't missed.

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog