Shopify UI Bug? "Select all 50+ items from your store"

seandkendall
Tourist
8 0 14

Hi All,

it appears that no one seems to really know what the "Select all 50+ items from your store" Link does when you are selecting multiple products with a filter, so im looking to see if anyone has any insight.

If you navigate to the products section in the shopify admin UI, and select "All Products", then filter by "something" (i filtered by a specific TAG).

Now i have a few thousand products in this filter, and i want them deleted, so i can select all, which selects 50 products, or i can "Select all 50+ items from your store".

when you click "Select all 50+ items from your store", it doesn't tell you how many products its actually selecting, so to be safe, i need to assume it's literally selecting all products from my store and not just the filter. Does anyone know the actual function of this "Select all 50+ items from your store" Link?

When i contact Shopify support, they don't know what it actually does.

I've recommended to the shopify support team to put in a feature request to show how many products are selected, and possibly change the wording if it's for the filter and not all products in the account. 

Replies 6 (6)

jklue
Tourist
4 0 0

@seandkendall did you ever figure what the "Select all 50+ items from your store" does when a filter is already applied?

vestique
Visitor
1 0 0

This is my exact question-- how has this not been answered yet? 😞

Osakauppa
Visitor
1 0 0

This is simply ridiculous, as is trying to remove tags from products and default product types that have no match to our inventory. (our shop has over 5000 products). Shopify is simply a hard raw apple that we thought would have been fully developed during the ten years it has now been in business. But no, the simplest things seem to be difficult as hell or impossible to achieve. What a complete waste of money and effort on our part. Will be switching platforms as soon as we are able to find something even remotely functional.

WeLearn
Visitor
1 0 1

I called Shopify Support to get to the bottom of this. I can confirm that if you have filters on, clicking on  "Select all 50+ items from your store" will only select those FILTERED items.

This is a good thing.

I suggested that they change the wording because there are many threads with this same question. 

TaiHuynh_PTT
Tourist
3 0 1

|→ When i contact Shopify support, they don't know what it actually does.

This answer is not good, the CS team is terrible when they don't even know their product.

I clone the shop and test this function, I can confirm this selection is only select filtered products.

So you can use it, no worry! 

TommyCA
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you for creating this post! Just tested this out and can confirm that clicking the 50+ option selects within your filter only.